Official Apology Thread: Has the rot set in?

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I am sticking with my vote!

Question: how did KANSAS leapfrog us in overall talent?
They didn’t. Their coach just knows how to scheme for his guys to be successful. It’s the same thing CMC did in 2017, and what he started to do after the Ohio game. I don’t understand the regression that we saw last night offensively

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Our NIL donations are bottom third in the Big 12. Are you doing your part?

Because that would help with this “sub-par” recruiting you claim we’ve had

That's still not going to keep up with other programs that have always had more money.

Where do KU or KSU fall in the NIL rankings?

• Agree
Reactions: UnCytely

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure how donating to the NIL will have any impact on boneheaded offensive play calling, clock/timeout mismanagement, and punting from our own god-damn 37-yard line.

I was with you until the last one.

How confident were you in ISU converting a 4th down last night?

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
I was with you until the last one.

How confident were you in ISU converting a 4th down last night?

Not confident. But there was at least a chance, and ultimately little to lose. Risk-reward analysis made no sense.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
This thread isn't going to age well.
The question (from the beginning as I understood it) are we in year 2011-12 of Rhoads, 2019 of Prohm.

If that were the case, we would not be sitting in a tie for third in the conference. So if that is the definition of “rot” no.

Now, if we’re evaluating if we’ve reached the ceiling, that’s more than valid. I thought we’d be competing for 9-10 Ws a more regularly bc I bought into the vision.

6-8 win seasons as avg season is far and beyond better than we’ve ever seen in our past. But are 6 win program ********? Or does how you deal with life getting to6 wins matter more? I can be fine either way.

For me the frustrating part is the things that have kept us from reaching that next level at times seem to be the things we speak about the most. Detail. Precision. Margins.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
The question (from the beginning as I understood it) are we in year 2011-12 of Rhoads, 2019 of Prohm.

If that were the case, we would not be sitting in a tie for third in the conference. So if that is the definition of “rot” no.

Now, if we’re evaluating if we’ve reached the ceiling, that’s more than valid. I thought we’d be competing for 9-10 Ws a more regularly bc I bought into the vision.

6-8 win seasons as avg season is far and beyond better than we’ve ever seen in our past. But are 6 win program ********? Or does how you deal with life getting to6 wins matter more? I can be fine either way.

For me the frustrating part is the things that have kept us from reaching that next level at times seem to be the things we speak about the most. Detail. Precision. Margins.
I always agree with Chris Williams on this point m we're never going ti have top end relent to be a consistent 10 win teams that can overcome the bad beats that get you to that point. But win 6-7 every year, you will have some years where ball bounces right and you win ten.

As a team that has never done that, I'd take that result all day!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I always agree with Chris Williams on this point m we're never going ti have top end relent to be a consistent 10 win teams that can overcome the bad beats that get you to that point. But win 6-7 every year, you will have some years where ball bounces right and you win ten.

As a team that has never done that, I'd take that result all day!

Some years for something that's never happened?

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Kansas schooled our secondary. We missed Cooper. A lot. Kansas exploited our weaknesses. Give them credit.
Anyone disconcerted that they seemed to be gashed badly with at least one to two big plays every game since Iowa? This defense appears to not be as good as years past it seems.