*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It won’t erase anything 100% agree. But this team can’t lose that first round game. It just can’t. Not that they actually can’t, but rather can’t because of how good and special they have been this year.

I don’t want them to have any stain like that, as they deserve to be remembered for only the positives and what you do in the Big Dance in the end is what matters. Get out of the first round and then it’s nothing but positive, and I hope we just crush whoever we have in round one. These guys don’t deserve to have fans only say “Yeah but Hampton or Yeah but UAB” so let’s get it done gents.

If a UAB or Hampton happens this group got real dysfunctional in 4-5 days haha.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Going to be the better team until the elite 8, doesn't mean we get past the first round though.
That’s why the NCAA Tournament is so fun. Upsets happen, and it’s exciting when you see a small school upset a P6 team, but it sucks when it happens against your team.

Regardless what happens during the NCAA tournament, this season has been special. Just enjoy each and every game remaining. When their season ends, and it likely will end with a loss, raise your beer and thank the team for the wonderful season.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Going to be the better team until the elite 8, doesn't mean we get past the first round though.
That’s not the same thing barring upsets like when we got Little Rock in the second round. We will clearly be the better team against whatever 15 seed is there and if we don’t jack around should win it. That’s why the percentages of 16’s and 15’s winning is so low all time. Yes it doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but with our defense it shouldn’t assuming we come to work.

Now after that yes we will be the “better” team but are likely playing P6 teams or really good mid-majors that are top-40 quality. That’s just basketball at that point as we can absolutely lose to those teams.

Reactions: Clonefan94

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Great win, but it doesn't mean anything if we don't win on Thursday or Saturday.
Sure it does. We just won the Big 12 Conference Tournament.

What comes this next week is still unwritten. Why be negative or point out the possible negative? It's maybe best if you remain quiet for awhile? For your penance, your next comment must be positive only. LOL

Of course none of us wants to see an early exit for ISU in the NCAA's. Why even bring that possibility up?

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
What happened to the CF poster who said the OC coach needed to get fired?
76, 76, 69 points in 3 dominant wins.
This will never be a run & gun offense, but it was sure efficient!

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
If a UAB or Hampton happens this group got real dysfunctional in 4-5 days haha.
That’s what I’m saying. This group is way different than those two teams, so I want them to just handle business in Round 1 because they would never deserve to be lumped in with those teams. And unfortunately they would by many just because they lost to a 15 seed.

I love this group of guys and want them to go all the way of course, but more than anything I’ve never wanted to avoid an upset more than this team outside of the 99-00 team.

Reactions: madguy30

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good point. Yes.

I just thought we were reverting back to terrible offense for a while there and the last 3 games we've moved the ball with purpose and not tried to bully our way to the basket. As I write that, it seems like when we try to play offense like we play defense, we kind of struggle.

I'd be pretty surprised if ISU reverts back to how they played offense the last few conference games.

I think TJ had a good honest lesson session or whatever with the team and maybe specific players about sharing and valuing the ball this past week and the last three games is all the proof he needs that it works.

Repeating but him flipping Gilbert some **** last night in the post-game was referring to this I think.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Our depth we have is a huge reason why the team hasn’t lost their legs. Houston was out of gas as they don’t have anyone to come off the bench.
Being able to run Jones, King, and Ward out there without a dropoff is huge. And our guards perimeter defense keeps them from getting into foul trouble. It's a really well constructed roster with 3 PGs as well in Lipsey, Gilbert and Jones.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I'd be pretty surprised if ISU reverts back to how they played offense the last few conference games.

I think TJ had a good honest lesson session or whatever with the team and maybe specific players about sharing and valuing the ball this past week and the last three games is all the proof he needs that it works.

Repeating but him flipping Gilbert some **** last night in the post-game was referring to this I think.
Maybe they had a players only meeting and TJ's son talked to them (does TJ have a son?).

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Think about the upheaval in certain Big 10 schools, Nebraska president goes to Ohio State. Texas A and M AD goes to Ohio State and Nebraska AD Going to A and M. Nice to have stability at Iowa State.
Tell me one AD that does more with less than JP.

• Agree
Reactions: wintersmd

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe they had a players only meeting and TJ's son talked to them (does TJ have a son?).

I'm trying to think of a former ISU player that was average and only specialized in bounce passes and getting in fights and nobody's coming to mind.

Maybe the Jim Carrey guy?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Number 1 defense in KEn pom

Overall number 5
Wow, that's quite a jump. But its also kind of an unprecedented ass whoopin of a nunber one team. If NCST can somehow beat UNC... maybe there's a chance...

Help Support Us

Become a patron