SEC: 26
Big East: 22
ACC: 21
Big Ten: 17
PAC 12: 13

Reactions: Cyclonepride

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
Houston got the kind of reffing that we've been dreading going into the tournament. Honestly, that's the first game that I saw getting called that way.
I only saw highlights at halftime of some other game, but it looked like the first half was very physical, they showed few plays with bodies being knocked down / pushed with no call. Maybe refs tried to clean it up second half

2 Big12 Teams in S16 disappointing and going to have media questioning the league ranking. Kansas being down star did not help, needed Baylor to win

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The way the Houston Duke game is officiated is going to determine the winner of that one. But Houston is just a tougher team so I think they will pull it out.
I can see SDSU giving UCONN all they can handle. LeDee against Clingan is going to be an interesting matchup

Reactions: BigCyFan

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
That Houston game reminded me of everyone talking at the end of the season about how hard, physical defense like ISU and Houston play can end up getting whistled for a ton of fouls in the Tournament once you run into a reffing crew not used to the Big 12 style.

That‘s some of what we had here. 75 free throws?

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
The way the Houston Duke game is officiated is going to determine the winner of that one. But Houston is just a tougher team so I think they will pull it out.
I can see SDSU giving UCONN all they can handle. LeDee against Clingan is going to be an interesting matchup
Uconn been looking dominate, hopefully they have a bad shooting day, otherwise very tough out. I watched first half of their game, they played very physical on defense too, lot of holding/contact, plus have Clingan size in middle.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I only saw highlights at halftime of some other game, but it looked like the first half was very physical, they showed few plays with bodies being knocked down / pushed with no call. Maybe refs tried to clean it up second half

2 Big12 Teams in S16 disappointing and going to have media questioning the league ranking. Kansas being down star did not help, needed Baylor to win
It is, but only 4 were expected by seeding, and KU was clearly a wreck, so that was expected. Really just lost one more than expected in Baylor (though no one else performed above expectation). The media would find a reason to question unless the Big 12 just blew everyone's doors off, and their opinion is worth about as a much as a fart on a windy day.

GrayerClone

Feb 11, 2010
Central Iowa
Man, I don't know why, but I'm actually upset at what transpired in that game. Those refs were freaking gambling or something. Really glad Houston won that one. I felt like I was watching Iowa State. I have no idea why this is in bold font either.

It seems like whenever you have officials like that in games people will say something like the conference set this up or some part of a bigger conspiracy. I have always thought it only takes one booster say from Texas AM to get ahold of a ref and make him an offer we can't refuse. For the times that we are in this really is not too crazy. Compare to what players are receiving from NIL how much money would it take for a ref to make a few more calls in favor of one team? How does the NCAA insure that the refs are clean and not taking payments?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
It is, but only 4 were expected by seeding, and KU was clearly a wreck, so that was expected. Really just lost one more than expected in Baylor (though no one else performed above expectation). The media would find a reason to question unless the Big 12 just blew everyone's doors off, and their opinion is worth about as a much as a fart on a windy day.
A little disappointing at least one of BYU, Tech, TCU couldn't manage to win at least one game.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

Heh, maybe Clemson coach had a point?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It seems like whenever you have officials like that in games people will say something like the conference set this up or some part of a bigger conspiracy. I have always thought it only takes one booster say from Texas AM to get ahold of a ref and make him an offer we can't refuse. For the times that we are in this really is not too crazy. Compare to what players are receiving from NIL how much money would it take for a ref to make a few more calls in favor of one team? How does the NCAA insure that the refs are clean and not taking payments?

I didn't think it's that.

Referees are stuck managing a TV product where the players have all realized that all the fouls cannot be called. This directly leads to the egregious play and all the whining about the calls they do make that we now see.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron