***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Man, I don't know why, but I'm actually upset at what transpired in that game. Those refs were freaking gambling or something. Really glad Houston won that one. I felt like I was watching Iowa State. I have no idea why this is in bold font either.

utahrangerone

Aug 9, 2023
@utahrangerone

Please beat the hell out of Iowa on Sunday. Do you think the Huntsman Center will be full?
As Sunday night in UTAH, it was never going to be full, but the crowd that *was* there (myself included) had a great time. And I think we've identified an Iowa homer ref. NO ONE had any idea where he was coming up with so many of his calls, 99% of them against Utah in the most sketchy or ridiculous situations.

In any case, Iowa vanquished, per your request.. Margin got up to 18 or 19 at one point.

Last edited:

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Man, I don't know why, but I'm actually upset at what transpired in that game. Those refs were freaking gambling or something. Really glad Houston won that one. I felt like I was watching Iowa State. I have no idea why this is in bold font either.

Similar thoughts. Houston getting called for minimal contact while A&M was getting to play much more physical. Throughout the entire game, not only the end, especially on rebounds.

Refs always seem to favor the team making a comeback and reward them for bullying their way into lane. A&M did make some tough three’s though.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I’ll also add what people always say during a chalk tourney- first round upsets and Cinderella’s are fun, but next weekend will have MUCH better matchups because there hasn’t been as many.

Reactions: clonechemist

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
No real
13 of the Sweet 16 teams are in the top 14 of Kenpom. Auburn the only failure.

The other 3:

20 San Diego St
23 Clemson
52 NCST
That's pretty crazy. No real Cinderella. NC State has been on a tear so doesn't really feel like a Cinderella imo

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
UConn vs. San Diego State will be the 4th time in tournament history that the teams that played in the National Championship game play again in the following tournament.

1962 - Cincinnati d. Ohio State 71-59 in the National Championship (Only time that rematch happened in National Championship game)
1991 - Duke d. UNLV 79-77 in Final Four (Only time that losing team won the rematch)
2007 - Florida d. UCLA 76-66 in Final Four

This will be the first rematch before the Final Four

Reactions: cyclones500