***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You’re right it is definitely NOT hard to make 9 sweet 16’s in a row. Which is why every 1-4 seed makes the sweet 16 every year.
I’m not saying it’s ever easy but the Zags are consistently one of the most rested and healthiest teams come tourney time.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You’re right it is definitely NOT hard to make 9 sweet 16’s in a row. Which is why every 1-4 seed makes the sweet 16 every year.

I mean its a combination of those things though, im not sure why it has to be black and white.

Its an impressive achievement. They've had some legitimately great teams. But they also likely would not have had that kind of streak had they been in a major conference. The 1 seed in particular is a huge advantage statistically.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
I’ll say this when you have a team that throws their hands up at the refs every play (North Carolina).It shows mental weakness and It’s usually an early indicator that they are going to lose.

• Agree
Reactions: JRE1975

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Clemson is just asking for Baylor to beat them by 40.

"Yeah, and it was in no disrespect to the [Big 12], but I do think they figured some things out,'' Brownell said Saturday at FedEx Forum. "I think it was more a compliment than anything. I think there are a lot of teams in their league that scheduled in a way that helped their NET.

it was not a compliment.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
"Yeah, and it was in no disrespect to the [Big 12], but I do think they figured some things out,'' Brownell said Saturday at FedEx Forum. "I think it was more a compliment than anything. I think there are a lot of teams in their league that scheduled in a way that helped their NET.

it was not a compliment.
Nope and every metric argues against this dip sh!ts theory.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
so would we rather have been a #1 seed and playing Mich St right now, or a #2 seed and playing Wash State?
Nope. we got a pretty favorable match up to the sweet 16 other than a potential awkward game with Drake that didn't happen.
I still stand we have the best route to the elite 8, but then we hit a giant size wall.