***Official 2024-25 College Football (non-ISU) Thread***

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

The more they spread out games so viewers can consume more, the better for both sides. I think there will be a continued push by media companies to maximize time slots at previously uncommon days/times rather than having a huge pile of games at the same times.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The more they spread out games so viewers can consume more, the better for both sides. I think there will be a continued push by media companies to maximize time slots at previously uncommon days/times rather than having a huge pile of games at the same times.
It would be great if there were high interest games on Thu & Fri nights. Back in the day (90's), Thursday night games were a big deal. The NFL has started pushing games into time slots that were traditionally CFB's on Thanksgiving Thu night and Black Friday. Feel like it's time that CFB push back- plant a flag on Friday night and put solid match-ups on Thursday night.

The only thing I would say about CFB Thu night games, the two teams should have a bye week the prior weekend.

Reactions: Jer

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Never going to happen, but this would be cool with a few tweaks.

I'd move USF, UCF, and Maryland out of the Big East and bring in UConn (Ind), Penn St. (Big 10), and Va Tech (ACC). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_East_Conference

I'd move Maryland back to the ACC to fill in for Va Tech.

I'd move Northwestern back to the Big 10 to fill in for Penn St.

I'd move OU back to the Big 8 plus I'd add BYU to make 10 (a Big 8 Plus).

I'd also put LSU into the Southwest and Vandy into the SEC.

That make all 7 conferences have 10 teams leaving ND as the only independent and putting USF and UCF back into the G5. The geography on these conferences would be elite.

Attachments

• GIHniW_WgAA72dj.jpeg
    GIHniW_WgAA72dj.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 16

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Quite a few Spring Games today on TV & streaming on ESPN+ if interested:

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

Holy **** that’s about as bad as you can get. Just going to start with saying advantage Duke over TCU is f-ing hilarious. Yes, a team that just played for the national championship is lower than basketball school Duke who has never played for anything pretty much ever in football. And BC over another team in Cincy that recently played in the CFP. Matt Ryan isn’t walking through the door.

Then one of the two he gives to the Big 12 is Houston over SMU. That’s at best a push but would lean SMU personally.

Cal over us maybe twenty years ago but holy **** not now. I hate K State but Va Tech over them lol. Again, maybe twenty years ago.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Watching the BTN and tOSU's spring game is on.

Kind of a cool feature to have the head coach explaining their thought process in how they work through situations as the play or drive is going on.