MLB: ***Official 2023 St. Louis Cardinals Thread ***

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I hate the cardinals, but as a big fan of sports and the fine arts, Waino singing the national anthem today was ******* awesome. Mad respect to him for that

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
I hate the cardinals, but as a big fan of sports and the fine arts, Waino singing the national anthem today was ******* awesome. Mad respect to him for that
It was really funny. Him and only a handful of people knew he was doing it so the whole team was surprised

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
That's not a good look. O'Neil needs to be the 4th outfielder until he gets his head on straight, Let Carlson be the every day centerfielder.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
The first 3 games were fun. Since then, not fun at all. Pitching has a looooooooong ways to go. Whole team for that matter.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
The first 3 games were fun. Since then, not fun at all. Pitching has a looooooooong ways to go. Whole team for that matter.
The pitching was always my biggest concern about this team. They've struggled with that over the last few years and haven't done anything about it. Until that gets fixed this is going to be rough.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
The pitching was always my biggest concern about this team. They've struggled with that over the last few years and haven't done anything about it. Until that gets fixed this is going to be rough.
Bingo. Everyone knew exactly what the weaknesses were and they did absolutley nothing to fix it. Part of me wonders if it was due to ownership penny pinching with the Bally Sports bankruptcy debacle looming.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Man is it brutal to see the pitching on this team and realize Sandy Alcantara and Zac Gallen were in the organization and both were in the same trade for 2 seasons of Marcell Ozuna. One of which, he hit .241. Now both of them are pitching at a Cy Young level.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
What really kills this organization nowadays is taking every starting pitcher we have and shoving them into the bullpen for eternity. Zack Thompson should be in the rotation in my opinion, Liberatore should get an extended shot this year the way things are going

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I think Liberatore will get his shot. The Cardinals need at least one of Matz or Mikolas to be a mid rotation guy and they have both stunk so far. Montgomery had a really good outing thankfully.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Went to a Spring training game to eyeball Jordan Walker and he is the real deal. Flaherty started the game and couldn’t get the ball by anybody and they left him out there to stretch his arm out. It was not pretty. FWIW I think they are counting on him to return to form along with Metz & Mekolais. So far not so good. Evidently they want to give Waino the farewell tour like they did Yadi last year, which did not turn out well. Hopefully, O’Neill will get it going so they can trade him in a package to get somebody like Montgomery last year.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Flaherty is going to make it easy to let him walk after the season if he does not start to pick it up. This team keeps rolling out 3's, when they need a one or two in the rotation. What get me is that the team refuses to even think about signing a high dollar starter to lead the staff, even though they have plenty of money to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Matt Liberatore looked pretty good again last night for the AAA squad.

7 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 10 K, HR

With the struggles the rotation has seen so far it's only a matter of time I think before he gets a call up.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Matt Liberatore looked pretty good again last night for the AAA squad.

7 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 10 K, HR

With the struggles the rotation has seen so far it's only a matter of time I think before he gets a call up.

Might as well.

Also, Walker is a ******* stud. Glad they called him up.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Walker has had his struggles in the field but if you can knock the hide off of a ball like he can they'll find a place for you.
Still not 21, can’t imagine what he will look like in his prime in late 20’s early30’s. Add 30+ lbs on his 6’5” and I doubt he’ll ever be a gazelle in the outfield. Suspect if he’s ever played 1st base that he will get a shot whenever Goldy retires.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Still not 21, can’t imagine what he will look like in his prime in late 20’s early30’s. Add 30+ lbs on his 6’5” and I doubt he’ll ever be a gazelle in the outfield. Suspect if he’s ever played 1st base that he will get a shot whenever Goldy retires.
He won’t be adding much more weight. He’s already like 250

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
He won’t be adding much more weight. He’s already like 250
I just went to the Cards website and I stand corrected, he’s growing already. Last I knew they listed him at 6’5” x 230. Updated now to 6’6” x 245. Him big fella. And not 21. They’ll have to be on top of his diet or watch out. As I stated in this thread earlier, I laid eyes on him at Spring training and he is the real deal. It’s going to be interesting when he goes around the league the 2nd time and the pitchers have more intel on him and he has to adjust. After 12 games he’s ahead of them.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Walker will end up being the best player the team has drafted and brought up since Albert, guy is going to be a middle of the lineup bat for the next decade or longer.

Best thing about him, is that now the club can see how the other outfielders are going to work out, and have capital to trade one of them for some starting pitching.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU