MLB: ***Official 2023 St. Louis Cardinals Thread ***

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I’m hoping Mo is saying those things about not trading just to drum up more interest.

The only players safe IMO, should be Arenado, Walker, Wynn. Everyone else can go if they get the right package.

Entire FO needs to go, and poach from the Braves, Dodgers, Rays, Guardians, etc.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
  • Informative
Reactions: throwittoblythe

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
If I'm reading the story right, trade is still an option . Maybe they wanted to move now so so they could get some else on the roster (in the bullpen). In fact, they signed a reliever from the Angels: Tefaro?
That makes more sense.

I saw someone compared Cabrera to Carlos Martinez: all the talent, nothing between the ears. That made me realize I hadn’t heard anything about Carlos since the Cardinals cut him. I looked him up and boy, it has only gotten worse for Carlos. Signed with one team, then cut, then signed with another. Suspended 80 games for PEDs then suspended AGAIN for domestic violence. Currently pitching in the DR league.

• Informative
Reactions: mramseyISU

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Yeah, Cabrera is a bit like C. Martinez. Remember last year when he threw a fit when Marmol was taking him out of a game? Kind of surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Ryan Tepera is the reliever they signed.

Don't look now but Cards won 4 of last 5 although they were against weaker teams.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
A lot of crappy trade rumor stuff has been invading my news feed for over a month. But, we are just about to the trade deadline, and this article seems reasonable and well explained.

Short take: Montgomery or Flaherty are likely on the block, but the Cards are looking to maybe extend Flaherty and Hicks.

Of the fielders, Carlson, ONeill, DeJong are most likely to be made available.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Arenado to the Dodgers?

This team needs an influx of young talent, especially pitching. IMO, Goldy and Arenado are the only 2 that would truly bring in that talent. We have 2 young stud 3rd basemen on the team. I think this would be great, could get a lot in return because of the team control and friendly contract.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Arenado to the Dodgers?

This team needs an influx of young talent, especially pitching. IMO, Goldy and Arenado are the only 2 that would truly bring in that talent. We have 2 young stud 3rd basemen on the team. I think this would be great, could get a lot in return because of the team control and friendly contract.
If they pull a stunt like that, I might give up on the team. You don't trade a bona-fide future hall-of-famer, still in his prime, for prospects.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Arenado is the closest thing to Pujols in his prime since those great years. If they do anything, extend him. Flaherty, Edman & DeJong could be packaged for a starter. Hicks probably is at his peak for some team that needs a closer now for the post season. Montgomery should be extended, he and Mikolas are the only quality starters they have. Need to bring in two more and hope Matz isn’t a flash in the pan. The fielders/hitters are not the problem. If they can get a quality 5 man rotation, they can win the Central.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
If they pull a stunt like that, I might give up on the team. You don't trade a bona-fide future hall-of-famer, still in his prime, for prospects.

We aren’t going anywhere with him, so might as well move on.

Him and Goldy are the only 2 we could trade and get potential studs back in return. I doubt we get much back for the other names that are being thrown out.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

What difference does it make, we won't be going anywhere for a couple of years. Might as well get some of the Dodgers top prospects.

Help Support Us

Become a patron