Misc: ***Official 2020 PGA Tour***

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Tour Championship time!

Friday, September 4: Round 1 of Competition
PGA TOUR LIVE Featured Groups: 10:30 AM - 6:00 PM (EDT)
GOLF Channel: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM (EDT)

Saturday, September 5: Round 2 of Competition
PGA TOUR Live Featured Groups: 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM (EDT)
GOLF Channel: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM (EDT)

Sunday, September 6: Round 3 of Competition
PGA TOUR LIVE Featured Groups: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM (EDT)
GOLF Channel: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EDT)
NBC: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM (EDT)
PGA TOUR LIVE Featured Holes: 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM (EDT)

Monday, September 7: Round 4 of Competition
PGA TOUR LIVE Featured Groups: 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM (EDT)
GOLF Channel: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (EDT)
NBC: 1:30 PM - 6:00 PM (EDT)
PGA TOUR LIVE Featured Holes: 1:30 PM - 6:00 PM (EDT)

Reactions: isutrevman

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Dustin Johnson wins the Tour Championship and the $15 million :cool:

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
For being the “Ultimate Prize,” it sure was boring.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Dustin Johnson the best player over the last decade?

What's even more crazy is that Tiger has been relatively bad since his U.S. Open win in 2008, and he still has the 2nd most wins in that time period. Also missed 3-4 seasons due to injuries and played 2-3 more while basically being injured the whole time. Crazy.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It's just a weird event in an interrupted year.

You essentially get in if you win another tournament (except for Tiger and Adam Scott who just didn't play much at all).

I don't know if the awarding of strokes is any better than the old system.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
It's just a weird event in an interrupted year.

You essentially get in if you win another tournament (except for Tiger and Adam Scott who just didn't play much at all).

I don't know if the awarding of strokes is any better than the old system.

I'd wish they went to a true playoff. Wyndham Rewards is the real season long champ and this FedEx cup is just a cash give away. That's fine, but don't call it a playoff then. Restart the points with everyone at zero and see what happens. It would be amazing to see someone come from the 110-125 range and actually win the thing. But that would defeat the purpose of the FedEx Cup, which is a giant cash payment to the top players so they don't get wondering eyes... like with the PGL.

And DJ is a great player, but he will always be haunted by blowing like 2-3 majors. He should have like 4 majors and over 30 wins worldwide. His major record is basically Louis Oosthuizen.

He's also really boring. Do more coke lol

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd wish they went to a true playoff. Wyndham Rewards is the real season long champ and this FedEx cup is just a cash give away. That's fine, but don't call it a playoff then. Restart the points with everyone at zero and see what happens. It would be amazing to see someone come from the 110-125 range and actually win the thing. But that would defeat the purpose of the FedEx Cup, which is a giant cash payment to the top players so they don't get wondering eyes... like with the PGL.

And DJ is a great player, but he will always be haunted by blowing like 2-3 majors. He should have like 4 majors and over 30 wins worldwide. His major record is basically Louis Oosthuizen.

He's also really boring. Do more coke lol

DJ, Rory, and JT are the killers right now. Everyone praises Brooks but at the end of the day, he's not the player those guys are despite the major wins. He also tries to be an alpha and it just doesn't hit. True alphas don't have to talk about it like he does all of the time.

DJ doesn't care how his career looks. He is the most efficient golfer of all time in terms of not expending energy on things that don't matter or that he can't control.

You also can't say that the FedEx Cup isn't a season long competition and then go on to say that the guys in 100-125 don't really have a good chance. If you want 15 million bucks and you're in that 100-125, you should have to go on a tear.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
DJ, Rory, and JT are the killers right now. Everyone praises Brooks but at the end of the day, he's not the player those guys are despite the major wins. He also tries to be an alpha and it just doesn't hit. True alphas don't have to talk about it like he does all of the time.

DJ doesn't care how his career looks. He is the most efficient golfer of all time in terms of not expending energy on things that don't matter or that he can't control.

You also can't say that the FedEx Cup isn't a season long competition and then go on to say that the guys in 100-125 don't really have a good chance. If you want 15 million bucks and you're in that 100-125, you should have to go on a tear.

Agreed! So don't call it a playoff! A playoff gives every single person/team an equal chance of winning a championship. I believe it's possible to win every playoff event from the #125 position and not win the FedEx Cup or at least it was before the handicap scoring

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Agreed! So don't call it a playoff! A playoff gives every single person/team an equal chance of winning a championship. I believe it's possible to win every playoff event from the #125 position and not win the FedEx Cup or at least it was before the handicap scoring

No it doesn't. First of all, the NBA has the largest playoff inclusion at what 50%, baseball is about 25%. The PGA Tour, which is harder to calculate is probably around 70ish%. Then, the playoffs in other sports are handicapped for home field so that makes it harder for teams lower on the totem pole. So the whole season does matter.

Listen, I don't love the FedEx Cup but it will never be perfect. However, I have some free time today so I'm going to configure how I'd like to do it and post it.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Here's what I would like to see:

Top 64 are automatically into R2. The next 64 play 4 rounds of stroke play to get the last 32. The half that don't make it don't get their card back. So, round one gets you 96 cards into the next year and the rest can go fight with the KFT boys for the remaining. Let's quit rewarding mediocrity.

R2- 96 players. Two days of medal medal play. After the first day, the top 32 are into R3. the next 64 play for the last 32 spots. Seed it and play single elimination match play for two rounds Saturday and Sunday to get down to 16.

R3- 16 players. Double elimination matchplay.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Brooks wins majors. I think DJ will surpass him soon enough but winning majors is what has made him the alpha out of that group. Back to back US Opens, the hardest test in golf. That gets you major respect on the tour.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Brooks wins majors. I think DJ will surpass him soon enough but winning majors is what has made him the alpha out of that group. Back to back US Opens, the hardest test in golf. That gets you major respect on the tour.

You're not the alpha if you have to talk about it. If neither win again and those careers are on the table for the pros to choose, they are taking DJs, hands down.

I think Brooks has this complex where since he thinks he's some sort of "real athlete" he feels like he has to defend himself against the real athletes like DJ. Woodland is how a real athlete acts on the PGA Tour. Brooks is what a guy who really liked baseball but wasn't any good at it looks like on tour.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
No it doesn't. First of all, the NBA has the largest playoff inclusion at what 50%, baseball is about 25%. The PGA Tour, which is harder to calculate is probably around 70ish%. Then, the playoffs in other sports are handicapped for home field so that makes it harder for teams lower on the totem pole. So the whole season does matter.

Listen, I don't love the FedEx Cup but it will never be perfect. However, I have some free time today so I'm going to configure how I'd like to do it and post it.

Home field advantage is not comparable to the FedEx point system. The #1 seed in the NBA western conference starting the series up 3 games to none in a best of 7 series over the #8 seed is more comparable.

No matter what the PGA tour says about their "ultimate test" it is not a playoff.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Home field advantage is not comparable to the FedEx point system. The #1 seed in the NBA western conference starting the series up 3 games to none in a best of 7 series over the #8 seed is more comparable.

No matter what the PGA tour says about their "ultimate test" it is not a playoff.

I guess I never heard "ultimate test." I heard "ultimate prize" which it is, evidenced by POY voting last year.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I guess I never heard "ultimate test." I heard "ultimate prize" which it is, evidenced by POY voting last year.

My bad, it's prize.

Whatever, just the PGA tour trying to create something artificially similar to a major since they don't own any of them.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
We have a chance to have some ridiculous sports weekends over the coming months. U.S. Open (golf) in two weeks. French Open starting in a couple weeks. NBA playoffs/finals. College football & NFL on all at the same time.

This is a good time to have a TV in my office. ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron