***OFFICIAL 2018 Green Bay Packers thread***

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Schedule came out last night, draft is next weekend.....it's time to start thinking football again!!!

We got hosed by the schedule makers. A stretch of 4 road games in 5 weeks mid-season, plus all those prime time games. I think all NFL games should be Sundays at noon, but that's just me.

And I think Marcus Davenport will be the pick, unless Gutekunst trades up to get Denzel Ward from Ohio State. Word is the Pack really covets him.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would love to trade up just so we can finally see the post Ted Thompson era change. It's been nice going after some free agents this off season. Our defense needs some defensive backs. That is for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Wow Mcshay and killer just went Calvin Ridley we Alabama for the Packers in the mock draft.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm thinking either Davenport or Fitzpatrick from Alabama

I think if I were GM, I'd lean towards Fitzpatrick over Davenport.

Davenport worries me a bit. Dominated at a lower level in college, but at the Senior Bowl against much better competition, he struggled a bit. Going from UTSA to the NFL is going to be a big jump. He has all the measurables for sure, just hasn't faced tough competition.

Fitzpatrick is a playmaker, and is at the Pack's biggest position of need IMO. Some say he could play both CB or Safety in the NFL. I like that flexibility.

I think the Pack's biggest needs in this draft are.... CB, DE (pass rusher), OL, WR (Nelson replacement), Safety

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think if I were GM, I'd lean towards Fitzpatrick over Davenport.

Davenport worries me a bit. Dominated at a lower level in college, but at the Senior Bowl against much better competition, he struggled a bit. Going from UTSA to the NFL is going to be a big jump. He has all the measurables for sure, just hasn't faced tough competition.

Fitzpatrick is a playmaker, and is at the Pack's biggest position of need IMO. Some say he could play both CB or Safety in the NFL. I like that flexibility.

I think the Pack's biggest needs in this draft are.... CB, DE (pass rusher), OL, WR (Nelson replacement), Safety

I see graham as being the replacent for jordy. They always pick up a WR or two, but don’t see them going after on quick.

I see OL secondary as high priorities.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I see graham as being the replacent for jordy. They always pick up a WR or two, but don’t see them going after on quick.

I see OL secondary as high priorities.

The secondary lost a ton. I think they need to draft 3 DBs. As for WR, I'm not thinking of taking one early, but grab one late.

They have 12 picks at the moment. Without thinking too hard about it, I'd think you might want to take 3-4 DBs, 2 OL, 2 DE, 1 LB, 1 WR, 1 DT, 1 RB. I've seen some sources say they are looking at drafting a TE somewhere, but with Graham on board I'm not sure why?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Wonder if Gutekunst is considering trading up for Chubb? Pass rush is #1 need, IMO. Matthews is getting older and Perry is too fragile - besides, a strong rush covers up weakness in the secondary. It sure did for the Eagles, anyway.

But I agree with you guys, unless they trade up it will almost certainly be a DB with the #1. Evans from Florida State? Hughes from UCF? Gonna be fun.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Packers really need to get off to a good start this season. That stretch after the bye week is brutal:

@LAR
@NE
MIA
@SEA
@MIN

Would love to see the Packers move up in the draft, but even picking at 14 is much more exciting than it has been in previous years. The one silver lining of the lost season last year is it helped us push the reset button on the team and we have a better draft position now. Should be an interesting season in Green Bay.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wonder if Gutekunst is considering trading up for Chubb? Pass rush is #1 need, IMO. Matthews is getting older and Perry is too fragile - besides, a strong rush covers up weakness in the secondary. It sure did for the Eagles, anyway.

But I agree with you guys, unless they trade up it will almost certainly be a DB with the #1. Evans from Florida State? Hughes from UCF? Gonna be fun.

I'm not big on Hughes, but it would at least fill a need I guess. I just think you should be able to do a LOT better at #14.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
We got hosed by the schedule makers. A stretch of 4 road games in 5 weeks mid-season
As a Bears fan, I was saying the same thing when their schedule game out and have four of the season's final six games on the road.

It be interesting to know what (if any) other NFL teams have four roads games in a 5-6 week stretch.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The secondary lost a ton. I think they need to draft 3 DBs. As for WR, I'm not thinking of taking one early, but grab one late.

They have 12 picks at the moment. Without thinking too hard about it, I'd think you might want to take 3-4 DBs, 2 OL, 2 DE, 1 LB, 1 WR, 1 DT, 1 RB. I've seen some sources say they are looking at drafting a TE somewhere, but with Graham on board I'm not sure why?

Hope you're right and we draft some good DBs. Even then, I'm pretty eager to see the post-Capers defense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron