MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
This kind of feels like that first game of the Nationals series. Even if we end up winning, still feels like a loss.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
With the way this season has gone you take any W you can get but Jesus they can't make anything easy can they?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It was nice to see the offense wake up tonight, everyone but Baez and Bryant with a hit. 9 runs and 4 homers and still had to squeak out a 9-8 win. This is why the Quintana trade was a big deal even if it cost 2 top prospects because tonight was an example of what happens when you are stretched for pitching and have to go to the bullpen early.

I read today they are supposedly still in the mix for Sonny Gray even after the Quintana trade. Don't see that happening unless the A's take a mix of guys that include lesser prospects that are blocked at the big league level like Calendario and I don't think Archer is realistic without giving up someone like Schwarber or Baez. I would love to get Gray, could you imagine just how tough the rotation would be with him as your #5 guy in a rotation that has Lester, Arrieta, Quintana, and Hendricks? It would slide Montgomery and Lackey as long guys in the pen. Even after the Quintana trade it pushes Lackey or Montgomery to the #5 spot which is still better than most 5th starters. Butler hopefully will figure out his control issues like Arrieta did but at the very least he still has value as a long guy in the bullpen or keep him stretched out with the I-Cubs as a starter in case there is an injury in the rotation

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm catching up on DVR but it isn't helping that Sam Holbrook isn't giving Jake the low outside corner of the strike zone for right handed batters like he was for Baltimore for the left handed batters.