*** Official #15 IOWA STATE vs #18 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
i did not enjoy this game, either.

i don't really have any issue with any of the fouls called on us this game. it seems unlikely to me that a team like texas tech committed so few fouls throughout the 2nd half.

we are so limited offensively that we cannot take the terrible shots we took tonight. it's unfortunate that we have a really streaky guard, a freshman point guard who is going to be up and down each game this season, and a forward who, despite being our leading scorer, looks pretty stoppable if you don't let him go left.

but we're that limited because we went 2-22 last season, have a brand new, cobbled together team, and probably sacrificed some "be the best we can be offensively THIS YEAR" time early in the season for what we basically expected to be another bad year focused on the development of hunter.

we'll continue to have incredibly thin margins of error. we need to figure out how to churn out a bucket here and there to stop the big runs. TJ needs to continue to grow as a coach--taking timeouts on the road to stop runs, etc. he will. we'll be in the tournament. i can't believe that, less than a year removed from how truly godawful we were.

go state!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Find me how many games this year have one team shoot 15 free throws to 0 in the first 10 minutes of the second half. Game went from a two possession game to completely over during that stretch.

Cyclones got beat tonight either way. But claiming it didn't matter is just as illogical as saying it determined the game IMO.

So I guess I’d ask why do you think this happens? Large scale anti-Iowa State conspiracy? The pro-Tech league office at work again?

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Yep. The overrated chant is flat out dumb when your team is WINNING a game.
Never forget when I was in the student section against Michigan and we were chanting "F**K MCGARY" just over and over. ESPN dulled the audio and had Dickie V do a whole thing about why chanting "overrated" is dumb.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Im not a ref hater, but certain guys seem to get away with fouls and other guys cant even breathe on a guy and get fouled. Hunter and Gabe get away with fouls somehow. And the refs are always picking on George and Kunc. The refs really hate Kunc.

• Agree
Reactions: legi and BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Jaden really got up on that last rebound. I wish he could play D. I think he had raw talent in the O end. But seems lost a lot on both ends.
He had a steal. His defense isn't great but his offense has potential.

Help Support Us

Become a patron