*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Tech minus 2.5. Just seems crazy to me. How many points is Vegas putting on home court these days?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: farm85

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I’m guessing even if grill plays THEY are getting back the two players that have been out. Those two account for 21 ppg.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That’s wild. So they think this is basically pick ‘‘em on a neutral floor?
Not sure that’s how it works. Vegas sets the line at what they think it should be at the time and then betters bet one way or another that moves the line. Not sure what the line opened at but I think we were favored by 2.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Tech minus 2.5. Just seems crazy to me. How many points is Vegas putting on home court these days?
This is not the book's valuation, this is price action. The analytical sites (KP, BTorvik, Haslametrics) all have Iowa State favored, a game of price action vs the computers!

• Informative
Reactions: twincyties

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Caleb definitely going through warmups like he's playing. Jaz stretching also with small brace on hand. Jaz not shooting.

Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
There has always been a vocal group of Cyclone fans on here (led by CW) that sang his praises long before he ever did anything of significance on the court. Now that he's actually good, those early investors are reaping a nice pay day. But for the longest time, the praise was kind of nauseating. The people in the "why is he even playing" crowd were in the minority and were right basically until this season.

Every yr the loud ones pick a player to be that years whipping boy. Thomas, Ejim, Christopherson (maybe) then usually the next yr the are proven wrong rinse and repeat. I'm pretty sure you could go peruse last yrs MBB threads at the end of the season that wanted Gabe gone. Players can never improve according to some of the brain trust around here.