*** Official #12 IOWA STATE vs #18 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And to think that about a week ago, I was ripped on here for suggesting the men needed to work more on free throw shooting

You acted like they don't work on free throw shooting. Like the coaches don't think it's important.

They're not a good shooting team, hence not a good free throw shooting team.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, that’s what I didn’t understand. Felt like they made that up. I think Baylor probably should have won this game, but now it also sort of feels like we got hosed.
Again... the clock plays to what it would have been. So it's from when clock should have started until when the whistle was blown. So if that took 1.9 seconds to blow whistle, yes.

This is just like the game we won against unc in ncaa trny. Clock malfunction you go to the tape to figure out what it should have been, and then set to that. It's why unc did not have time for a final shot.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
So if the clock started early and they blew the whistle at 0.1, they would set it to that?
Aparently. It must be how it reads in the rule book. There are some really stupid things in there. If there is no rule for how to handle it that would be weird and the made up call would then be unfair. Basically, it should have been a dead ball at the end of the court at the time the free throw was attempted, if I were the rule maker. But, like law, some times the rules just aren't logical.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE FULL 2 SECONDS
Does logic not dictate that there should have been 1.5 at the very least? Ref said .5 came off before it should have, then the blew it dead at .7... but I'm not sure what that part really has to do with anything. I mean I guess they did allow us to inbound wherever they blew it dead so maybe that was the logic. Either way, we didn't deserve this one. We were generating no offense in the last 10 minutes, aside from free throws, and we weren't making nearly enough of those either. Tj couldn't scheme up anything to counter what the Baylor assistants were throwing at us. Guess we shouldn't be surprised since like 1/4 of the Big 12 is the Scott Drew coaching tree now.

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
We shouldn’t have had a chance out of bounds to start with. Hard to say you were screeed when you were handed a gift.

Exactly. Sometime most people are missing that we wouldn’t get an out of bounds play without the screw up. Clock should have started on the rebound and we’d have been throwing up a half court prayer.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Semantics. All I’m trying to say is tht we played hard, but had one of the worst outings of the season outside of Gilbert. Had one or two other players had an average night and win this one, maybe even comfortably.

And a week ago ISU shot much better from the perimeter than normal.

That's how it goes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Clock mishap is the only reason we had any chance. Needed to draw up a quicker developing play with it though
Yeah I don't get the clock complaint. Give me that setup over 2 seconds from the baseline. Milan needed to be a little tighter on his cut to get the ball quicker and then he fumbled it just slightly. Really good play design.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
And to think that about a week ago, I was ripped on here for suggesting the men needed to work more on free throw shooting
Who ripped you for that? They are stupid if so. Nobody can defend our performance at the charity stripe even when we are winning.

Reactions: Cloned4Life