Now that we are having football this fall (hopefully) will fans be able to go.

kcbob79clone

I respectfully disagree. Once the University goes all online, you can say goodbye to collegiate competition.

Respectfully @Pope can I ask your rationale for the players/coaches who abided by the rules to be punished? And how does classes & part online versus all online matter to whether games are played. The athletic department is self sufficient isn't it?

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Respectfully @Pope can I ask your rationale for the players/coaches who abided by the rules to be punished? And how does classes & part online versus all online matter to whether games are played. The athletic department is self sufficient isn't it?

I don't argue with the points you raise. It's just that if the institutions are not safe enough to have students on their campus, they won't have athletes on their campus either. Just as the Iowa Dept of Education informed the high schools yesterday that if they go all online they won't be able to have a football season or any other fall extracurricular activities, the same principle will apply to higher education.

I agree that it's not fair to the athletes who are behaving very responsibly, but I'm afraid the rest of the student body is going to blow it.

Just drive around campus town tonight and you'll see exactly what I mean. There were university administrators in campus town this afternoon trying to get the students act responsibly, but the students just don't think it's a big deal. (Note: I'm generalizing. There are some very responsible students, just not enough of them.)

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Hey, I really want Cyclone football to happen, but if the University determines it's no longer safe for students to be on campus, I feel pretty certain they're not going to allow student-athletes to be on campus either....for liability reasons as well as optics.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Hey, I really want Cyclone football to happen, but if the University determines it's no longer safe for students to be on campus, I feel pretty certain they're not going to allow student-athletes to be on campus either....for liability reasons as well as optics.

Not sure why you are insistent on being negative,

(a) Most classes are already online for students. So your argument that ISU will shut down and send students home is baseless.

(b) Football team and coaches really have nothing to do with ISU student body if protocols are followed for the team.

(c) To date, ISU football team seems to be following protocols.

(d) Maybe no fans are allowed if ISU students are irresponsible. Has nothing to do with ISU football team. No fans may be the punishment for student and general public disregard.

Your attitude that this cannot happen is simply tiring. But feel free to add another several posts stating the same thing over and over.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You might be surprised what millions of dollars can do to overcome optics

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads and Lineup

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I respectfully disagree. Once the University goes all online, you can say goodbye to collegiate competition.

Many athletes went "all online" long ago.

As Louisiana State football players celebrated a 50-7 dismantling of Texas A&M on the last Saturday night in November, the Tigers’ star quarterback, Joe Burrow, made a beeline for the student section. He blew a kiss, took a bow and gave Death Valley’s coeds a standing ovation.

“I just wanted to see them for the first time and just thank them for coming to the games,” Burrow explained later. “Obviously, I don’t go to class because I take online classes, so I don’t get to see any of those people.”

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Not sure why you are insistent on being negative,

(a) Most classes are already online for students. So your argument that ISU will shut down and send students home is baseless.

(b) Football team and coaches really have nothing to do with ISU student body if protocols are followed for the team.

(c) To date, ISU football team seems to be following protocols.

(d) Maybe no fans are allowed if ISU students are irresponsible. Has nothing to do with ISU football team. No fans may be the punishment for student and general public disregard.

Your attitude that this cannot happen is simply tiring. But feel free to add another several posts stating the same thing over and over.

Believing fall sports will end if the University had to send all students home is not being negative, it's being realistic. It's frustrating because I believe this is totally within our students' control, but from what I've observed the last three days and nights, the students are not taking it seriously.

Believe me, I hope you end up being right and I end up being wrong. I guess we'll all find out in a few months.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Believing fall sports will end if the University had to send all students home is not being negative, it's being realistic. It's frustrating because I believe this is totally within our students' control, but from what I've observed the last three days and nights, the students are not taking it seriously.

Believe me, I hope you end up being right and I end up being wrong. I guess we'll all find out in a few months.

Agree. Been saying it now since probably May. People are just not intelligent enough to do what it takes in this country. Either not intelligent enough, or just too pampered and selfish, take your pick.

ISU, and most college campuses will be a complete s**t show. We all knew it. Wait until the flu season starts on top of it.

Covid is going to sky rocket as colleges and K-12 all return to school. Anyone with a brain knew it, but we carried through with it anyway. Wait until all these young kids with Covid, but no symptoms, come home to mommy and daddy every night and give it to them. It's going to spread like wildfire, and people won't be able to go to work anyway, which was the reason Reynolds is making kids go to school in the first place.

It is a PANDEMIC!! It is going to be life changing folks.... but we can't accept that.

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: Cyclad and arobb

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree. Been saying it now since probably May. People are just not intelligent enough to do what it takes in this country. Either not intelligent enough, or just too pampered and selfish, take your pick.

ISU, and most college campuses will be a complete s**t show. We all knew it. Wait until the flu season starts on top of it.

Covid is going to sky rocket as colleges and K-12 all return to school. Anyone with a brain knew it, but we carried through with it anyway. Wait until all these young kids with Covid, but no symptoms, come home to mommy and daddy every night and give it to them. It's going to spread like wildfire, and people won't be able to go to work anyway, which was the reason Reynolds is making kids go to school in the first place.

It is a PANDEMIC!! It is going to be life changing folks.... but we can't accept that.

To be fair it's not like people haven't been hanging out with others pretty freely this whole time regardless of how many restrictions were in place.

Help Support Us

Become a patron