No TV for Kansas game?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Agreed. Fortuneately thats where John Walters comes in. If I can't see the game, I at least enjoy listening to it called over the internet feed.

I had to go outside and put the game on the radio after half anyway. I couldn't sit down and I couldn't watch.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
People should be fighting over tickets for this game. Its homecoming. We just beat Texas. The weather is going to be amazing. The game is late enough that you can get to the lots from anywhere in Iowa at a reasonable time. The game will be done early enough to drive home to anywhere in Iowa and get home before 9 or 10. Fans who live in Iowa or in the neighboring states have no excuse for the stadium to have any empty seats.

As a Cyclone fanatic I will be extremely disappointed if the upper corners of the stadium are not full this weekend.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
People should be fighting over tickets for this game. Its homecoming. We just beat Texas. The weather is going to be amazing. The game is late enough that you can get to the lots from anywhere in Iowa at a reasonable time. The game will be done early enough to drive home to anywhere in Iowa and get home before 9 or 10. Fans who live in Iowa or in the neighboring states have no excuse for the stadium to have any empty seats.

As a Cyclone fanatic I will be extremely disappointed if the upper corners of the stadium are not full this weekend.

Sorry chief, life gets in the way sometimes.

I love the, "Fans have no excuse to not be there, blah blah blah" attitude. As if people can absolutely drop everything oh a whim and spend the entire day at a football game. I'm sure many would rather be able to, but for some people, it's just not possible. Priorities are a *****.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

I love the, "Fans have no excuse to not be there, blah blah blah" attitude. As if people can absolutely drop everything oh a whim and spend the entire day at a football game. I'm sure many would rather be able to, but for some people, it's just not possible. Priorities are a *****.

Yup, I'd love to tell my girls of 5 and 7 years old, "Sorry, no trick or treating this year. We are going to drive to Iowa for a football game."

Honestly, it wouldn't matter what time the game was at, this weekend I had to stay at home.

It's one of the reasons I most miss a bye week and playing Thanksgiving weekend. I know there are a ton of excuses why we don't play that weekend, but it's the perfect opportunity to come back for family and see a football game.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Yup, I'd love to tell my girls of 5 and 7 years old, "Sorry, no trick or treating this year. We are going to drive to Iowa for a football game."

Honestly, it wouldn't matter what time the game was at, this weekend I had to stay at home.

It's one of the reasons I most miss a bye week and playing Thanksgiving weekend. I know there are a ton of excuses why we don't play that weekend, but it's the perfect opportunity to come back for family and see a football game.

Kinda off topic but this is why I hate "Beggers Nights." If Trick-or-treating is only occurring from 5-7 then why can't they do it on Halloween.

That aside, if we had a game that was the day after Thanksgiving then you would still have people complaining. Some people have to leave the area to go home for Holidays. Students would complain because they are on break at the time.

No matter what people aren't going to be happy. My point was that the casual fans, who live in the area and don't have prior engagements, should come out to the game. I get that some just can't come, but there are a lot of people who choose not to come.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM

starting next year you will get your wish

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

But a lot of people will never come to a Thanksgiving weekend game. They will travel to distant relative X's house come hell or high water.

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Should be back with the new Big XII schedule, right?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I watched a hawk fan pay $400.00 for Wisconsin tickets.

Just sayin'.

Living in Mom's basement does have it's advantages.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I don't know how many people gave you positive reps over your response, Cyforce, but it will never be enough. This is the best post I've read in a llloooonnnggg while.

:notworthy:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

I understand life priorities but others manage. My father finds a way with 5 farms to do with minimal help and still drives 3 hours to Ames during harvest season. I have friends who drive from Chicago and Kansas City respectively to EVERY game, they have jobs, wives, children, etc. But they somehow get it done. Other teams and fanbases get it done too. If you can't go, whatever. Just sick of all the hypocritical ******* and moaning on here sometimes. Stop being fans and be fanatics.

Reactions: pyrocyz

gtlars

Mar 17, 2009
Lancaster,PA
I understand life priorities but others manage. My father finds a way with 5 farms to do with minimal help and still drives 3 hours to Ames during harvest season. I have friends who drive from Chicago and Kansas City respectively to EVERY game, they have jobs, wives, children, etc. But they somehow get it done. Other teams and fanbases get it done too. If you can't go, whatever. Just sick of all the hypocritical ******* and moaning on here sometimes. Stop being fans and be fanatics.
You do realize that there are many alumni who don't live within 3 hours of Ames and still like to see the games, right?:confused:
Signed, A Fanatic in PA:wink:

Reactions: jsmith86

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Well, I guess that I was completely wrong and out of line to assume that Iowa State could fill their stadium on a nice weekend that happened to be homecoming.

Guess I was wrong. Being on TV is more important. :jimlad::jimlad:

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

Some day you will understand. In the meantime, bellow away! It's you against the world son. Damn the torpedoes and full steam ahead!

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
You do realize that there are many alumni who don't live within 3 hours of Ames and still like to see the games, right?:confused:
Signed, A Fanatic in PA:wink:

Agreed. And how hard would it be to call some journalism students interns, pay them $10 an hour to tape the game, and run it on clonezone, blacked out in state, so that people can't ***** about TV stealing fans from the seats?