No day coverage of masters

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I am home today with sick kid and all I want to do is let her sleep and watch some masters!!!!! Even direct tv, nothing until 2.

Never understood why they don't show the morning rounds on Thursday/ Friday.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
that's because the Masters has CBS by the balls. I think the idea is that if you paid for tickets you get to see some golf that the rest of us don't. They also dictate to CBS how long the commercial breaks can be per hour of coverage.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
that's because the Masters has CBS by the balls. I think the idea is that if you paid for tickets you get to see some golf that the rest of us don't. They also dictate to CBS how long the commercial breaks can be per hour of coverage.

Which is just one of many reasons why it is the best run tournament on the face of the earth. The Masters is set up for the fans or "patrons" if you're into the whole brevity thing. They don't charge a bunch for things at the course and their first priority has always been to put on an enjoyable event for the people there and the people at home.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The course is the star here........definitely on my bucket list.

aute19

Sep 30, 2011
All I know is that both today and tomorrow, I'm headed home from work to watch coverage starting at 2, grill some meats, and maybe have a brew or two.

This is my VEISHEA.