New way to make an Iowa fan mad

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I guess it is bash Iowa day. I was talking to a Hawk fan the other day and the subject of Drake BB came up. I told them,"if they would have let Tom Davis retire on his own terms they could now have Keno as their head coach. But no you wanted the pretty boy that no one likes. In fact SA would still be your coach if he wouldnt have found a new job.":biglaugh:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
In fact SA would still be your coach if he wouldnt have found a new job.":biglaugh:

Don't forget to point out that Drake and New Mexico are better coaching jobs than Iowa. If they don't believe it, they can ask their former coaches.

I wonder where Lickliter will be coaching 5 years from now?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Don't forget to point out that Drake and New Mexico are better coaching jobs than Iowa. If they don't believe it, they can ask their former coaches.

I wonder where Lickliter will be coaching 5 years from now?

After 5 years coach Licklider will want to be coaching ANYWHERE EXCEPT IOWA CITY.... and I do NOT blame the old boy...Why be a b-ball coach at a football school?....Guess coach Lick should ask Coach AllFraud in New MExico how the weather and basketball is at a basketball school!!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Why be a b-ball coach at a football school?

The University of Iowa is a "football school?"

I assumed a "football school" would have an actual "winning season" every once in a while.

I remember pre-Hayden (classless) Fry, when Iowa was a "basketball school." But their fan-base has apparently deserted THAT band-wagon and have moved to the football thing.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Looking at their arena in the Northwestern game I'm not sure there are many fans left to get mad. You could have walked up and got a courtside seat.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I assumed a "football school" would have an actual "winning season" every once in a while.

Proof positive that most Iowa fans live in the past, like the whole "13 in a row" thing that I hear everytime ISU beats Iowa in football nowadays.

Someone needs to tell the "Hawkeye State" :no: that it's not the 80's anymore!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
AND George Raveling, AND Tom Davis. But they kept Steve Alford, and the Great Underachiever, Kirk FreeRentz

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
When I fist heard that we hired McDermott I went to lunch with 2 Iowa fans who did not know he was going to ISU. I asked them if they would take McDermott over Alfruad. They both jumped all over that saying it would be a HUGE upgrade and they would LOVe to have him. After about 10 minutes of them telling me that McDermott would make IEU a Big 10 contender I sprung the news on them that he was going to ISu. They were pissed!!!. I've used the Tom/Keno theory several times with Hawk fans. It is kind of fun to watch their reactions.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Someone needs to tell the "Hawkeye State" that it's not the 80's anymore!

Hey, if our athletic programs were as pathetic as theirs across-the-board (on & off the court), we'd be living in the past too. Luckily we have reason to be optimistic about football & basketball (men's and women's), while they're in decline in everything.