Iowa State Uniform Discussions

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
The Oklahoma game from last year will always be one of the greatest games of all-time, but the uniform setup kinda ruins the highlights for me. I like to think of helmets and pants similar to belt and shoes. They have to match!

My favorite combo we have ever done was the TxT game a couple years ago. White/red/white

Are you a billion years old? The red, white, red combo was gorgeous.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
CF = FBI
white-cardinal-white did look better than I would've guessed. (I couldn't recall which game it was used).

Minor thing that may have hindered it is no white trim in the standard jersey, but not a huge deal.

View attachment 58046

I don't know why it was so hard to put red and gold on all pieces of the uniform so they will mix and match better. It seems extremely short-sighted to not have done that.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
white-cardinal-white did look better than I would've guessed. (I couldn't recall which game it was used).

Minor thing that may have hindered it is no white trim in the standard jersey, but not a huge deal.

View attachment 58046

It also helps that that is my favorite design for ISU's white helmets. That strip with the logo and red facemask all blend perfectly!

Reactions: cyclones500

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
A long-shot, but they might have gold practice jerseys or pants.

Assuming everybody has a set...

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If Celia wants gold she will get it, from me. Cy Uniforms 2018  d3a - r y y Red chrome hel Std I-St Blk chrome face CYCLONES.jpg I know we can't do this this year, but maybe next. In the meantime maybe they can scruff up enough gold pants from last year; so what if they have stripes on em.

Crist, when I found about what happened to Celia today, I thought, great and now we have to keep this psychopathic monster alive for the next however many years. I hope they put him in a cell w/ some other 'large' boys, who will give him what he deserves. Very angry.:mad:

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
Don't they have gold jerseys from last year? All the recruits were getting their pictures taken in them....They could wear white helmets (with the sticker/patch to honor Celia) gold jerseys and white pants.

• Winner
Reactions: cymonw1980

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Don't they have gold jerseys from last year? All the recruits were getting their pictures taken in them....They could wear white helmets (with the sticker/patch to honor Celia) gold jerseys and white pants.

Having a few leftover from last year that recruits could pose in is a little different than having enough for everybody on the team in the right sizes, with the right numbers, and with the right NOB. I am sure they have a few, but probably not enough to properly and uniformly equip the whole team, unless they have gold practice jerseys they could wear.