New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really want to see the B, W, B on the road against OU. That would be sweet! Has ISU ever done that?
I don't think Coach has mixed any black (other than blk helmet) w/ our c/g colors yet. So we'll see. I'm not counting on it too much for that reason.

Long time listener, first time poster.

B/W/B wouldn't look good as there is nothing incorporated into the pants/helmet that would blend well with the jersey.
I don't think it would look too bad; not perfect for the reason you stated, but not too bad.
CyUni 2020  b9 A1- b w b  23 BlkfaceBBW WhtSocks.png The black helmet sticker would match the pants, and the c/g I-State on helmet would match the jersey. I guess it depends on how much matching one might want. Perhaps the w/w/b would be a good look? CyUni 2020  b7 A2- w w b  23 RedfaceWhtStickBlkText WhtSocks.png Again if they were to use the black/white helmet stickers it would "match" (the pants) some.

Reactions: Tacoclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I think that OSU's best looks/combinations are now these...

Oklahoma-State.jpg

1176705029.jpg.0.jpg

They looked a lot like the U otherwise. Those are more unique.
Yes that Away game they had against Texas was the one I saw. Their helmets did look a little more red than orange on TV. Definitely a different shade of orange.

Why would it be so hard for us to have a couple a shades of gold? One current and one darker? Would the earth stop rotating? I think it would solve a lot of problems, make everyone happy. What do I know.

Reactions: cyclones500

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really want to see the B, W, B on the road against OU. That would be sweet! Has ISU ever done that?

Long time listener, first time poster.

B/W/B wouldn't look good as there is nothing incorporated into the pants/helmet that would blend well with the jersey.

I don't think Coach has mixed any black (other than blk helmet) w/ our c/g colors yet. So we'll see. I'm not counting on it too much for that reason.

I don't think it would look too bad; not perfect for the reason you stated, but not too bad.
View attachment 67997 The black helmet sticker would match the pants, and the c/g I-State on helmet would match the jersey. I guess it depends on how much matching one might want.
I was fooling around adding a bit of white trim to the cardinal jersey, and thought why not add some cardinal trim to the black jersey and pant. Here is a b/w/b updated version. I'll have to go full size or I don't think anyone will see the change. It is subtle. The added cardinal is in the pant only.
CyUni 2021  b9 A1- b w b  23 BlkfaceBBW DPantSripes WhtSocks.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What might that look like w/ a full black? Added cardinal trim to the jersey sleeve and pant.
CyUni 2021  a1 A1b- b b b  15 AllBlk DPantStripe 2NoSocks.png CyUni 2021  a1 A1a- b b b  15 AllBlk DPantStripe 1Socks.png Then with more c/g (standard I-State helmet sticker; maybe some cardinal player accesories)...
CyUni 2021  a1 A3- b b b  15 BlackfaceBBW RedAccent DPantStripe 1Socks.png I know the added cardinal trim is barely seen, especially at a distance, but that was what I was going for. If anyone wants me to make the cardinal trim more bold let me know.

Reactions: Aclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
...With added white trim in cardinal jersey sleeve and nameplate, a c/w/c visual, 3-4 prototypes with and without pant stripe.
CyUni 2021  c9 B1- w r w 12 RedfaceWhtStickBlkText BPant WhtSocks.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
...With added white trim in cardinal jersey sleeve and nameplate, a c/w/c visual, 3-4 prototypes with and without pant stripe.
CyUni 2021  c9 C1- w r w  12 Blkface CPantStripes WhtSocks.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
CyUni 2021  c9 D1- w r w  12 RedfaceRedStick DStripes WhtSocks.png

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This won't be popular on here, but IMO, eventually the black will wear out it's welcome just like the navy blue did.... as it should.

Why we added a black helmet, black jersey, and black pant before a gold helmet, gold jersey, and gold pant is still beyond me.

Of course black and white looks cool.... it just isn't Iowa State. And the way we did it, we can't even mix and match it with our cardinal stuff that well because our black stuff doesn't have any cardinal in it at all, and our cardinal doesn't have any black in it anymore either. It's just stupid IMO.

I still don't know why we couldn't have done what Minny did? They have 4 colors for helmets, jerseys, and pants..... maroon, gold, white, and dark gray. So why couldn't we have 4.... cardinal, gold, white, and black? And then Minny's dark grey uniforms have some yellow in them to tie them to other possible uniform combinations. So why can't our black uni's have a bit of red in them to tie them together with our other colors too?

Oh, and Minny also has a sweet looking gold chrome lid too. And their maroon's have white numbers, which I also like a lot. Here's a video of what they have.....

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Forgot to press send on this last one CyUni 2021  a1 A2- b b b  15 BlackfaceRBB RedAccent DPantStripe 1Socks.png This one is just for clonedude. Just kidding cd!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This won't be popular on here, but IMO, eventually the black will wear out it's welcome just like the navy blue did.... as it should.

Why we added a black helmet, black jersey, and black pant before a gold helmet, gold jersey, and gold pant is still beyond me.

Of course black and white looks cool.... it just isn't Iowa State. And the way we did it, we can't even mix and match it with our cardinal stuff that well because our black stuff doesn't have any cardinal in it at all, and our cardinal doesn't have any black in it anymore either. It's just stupid IMO.

I still don't know why we couldn't have done what Minny did? They have 4 colors for helmets, jerseys, and pants..... maroon, gold, white, and dark gray. So why couldn't we have 4.... cardinal, gold, white, and black? And then Minny's dark grey uniforms have some yellow in them to tie them to other possible uniform combinations. So why can't our black uni's have a bit of red in them to tie them together with our other colors too?

Oh, and Minny also has a sweet looking gold chrome lid too. And their maroon's have white numbers, which I also like a lot. Here's a video of what they have.....

Uniforms are so subjective. What one likes another doesn’t. Fact is this coach is getting what he wants more or less, as it should be. If blk goes the way of bell bottoms so be it. This is here and now. Not totally disagreeing w you. I’d like some gold too. But I’m also ok w black. Coach and players also like for most part. Can it get better yes. It is evolving. I’m also not a fan of Minnesota look for most part. Like said subjective.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
We can't even mix and match it with our cardinal stuff that well because our black stuff doesn't have any cardinal in it at all, and our cardinal doesn't have any black in it anymore either. It's just stupid IMO.

The short-term conceptual error, in my opinion, is trying to merge the two without having separate alternates for each case. I'd rather use black & white completely monochrome, using what is available now, then stick to any Cardinal-White with gold trim in other cases, and not force a merger of black w/ cardinal/gold basic look until there’s a unified design for the combo.

It's like the process for alternatives is "rushed."

I think they did well with the general design consistency (logo, numeral style, no-striping on most of the helmets and all the pants combos), but sometimes it seems piecemeal.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The short-term conceptual error, in my opinion, is trying to merge the two without having separate alternates for each case. I'd rather use black & white completely monochrome, using what is available now, then stick to any Cardinal-White with gold trim in other cases, and not force a merger of black w/ cardinal/gold basic look until there’s a unified design for the combo.

It's like the process for alternatives is "rushed."

I think they did well with the general design consistency (logo, numeral style, no-striping on most of the helmets and all the pants combos), but sometimes it seems piecemeal.

It's like it just wasn't thought out very well at all beforehand.

So CMC wanted black and white.... ok.... fine. But then the next question should have been... will we ever want to mix and match the black together with any of the cardinal pieces? And if so, how will we tie those together?

I know most on here hate my Arizona Cardinal example, but they did at least do it right by having some red in their black look. And a litte red and black on their white pants too. It's not that hard.

1184747207.jpg.0.jpg

69c1be67-a7d1-42ec-8635-2a6265e01658-uscp-77iu2r0tk10flenebxe_original.jpg

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It's like it just wasn't thought out very well at all beforehand.

So CMC wanted black and white.... ok.... fine. But then the next question should have been... will we ever want to mix and match the black together with any of the cardinal pieces? And if so, how will we tie those together?

I know most on here hate my Arizona Cardinal example, but they did at least do it right by having some red in their black look. And a litte red and black on their white pants too. It's not that hard.

1184747207.jpg.0.jpg

69c1be67-a7d1-42ec-8635-2a6265e01658-uscp-77iu2r0tk10flenebxe_original.jpg

And Arizona has a seemingly minor element that helps facilitate the red/black tie-in: Cardinal logo already has black in it. It's like if ISU's primary helmet was white w/ Walking Cy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron