Iowa State Uniform Discussions

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
I love all of them. very clean. Im not sure why people arent pleased with red. I like them the best. Wishe the black had a hint of red....helmet stripe or logo stencil or pant stripe. Im glad they didnt overdo it.

Anyone else get the feeling that these arent the only ones? Jack trice, yellow, etc?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The thing that kind of sucks with the W/Y/W combo is when do you wear it? IMO, it's not bold enough for home uniforms when the visitor is also in whites, and you can't wear it on the road. It is a nice look here though.
You actually can wear it on the road. Both teams are allowed to wear their home uniforms if the colors are different enough to be easily distinguished. Just needs to be agreed upon by the two schools and given the OK by the Big 12.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The thing that kind of sucks with the W/Y/W combo is when do you wear it? IMO, it's not bold enough for home uniforms when the visitor is also in whites,.

It would require some strategizing to use at home, It'd work best vs. opponent with dark helmet and pants, preferably school that has no gold in its color scheme. Possible example.

upload_2018-7-11_9-45-1.jpg okst-11-whiteblackhelmet-kevinjairaj-hor-620x930.jpg

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
You're devious, Sig. This post couldn't have been more successful, even if you had spelled out in huge letters "Hit agree if you're older than 50."

I liked your Wonder Woman more than your new one.

The Alliance >> The Resistence

• Winner
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Anyone else notice the gold stencil logo this morning? I don't think we have seen that before, would assume it would be only for the cardinal helmets.
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: KcCyclone77

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I still stand by it's pretty safe to assume any uniform with 3 different colors between helmet/jersey/pants is not a good look.

Keeping it to 2/1 will always look better (X/X/Y, X/Y/X, Y/X/X).

Completely agree with this. 3 different color variations just doesn't look right. I like when the helmet and pants match when mixing it up.
Better combos with me when starting with helmet to pants is:
RRB , RWR, RWW, RBR, WWB, WBW, WBB, BRR, BRB, BWW, BWB,

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Anyone else notice the gold stencil logo this morning? I don't think we have seen that before, would assume it would be only for the cardinal helmets.

Could look pretty good on the whites, too.

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
Regardless of what you think about the new jerseys, when you compare them with our past it's not even close. They look modern which is key. It's very hard to make traditional jerseys when we have almost no positive tradition.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
My stance on black is the stance that John Walters had at the tailgate tour when asked about the TOE black comparisons. ISU will wear it better than them. Let them keep using old steeler uniforms and play Rolling Stones music in the stadium.

Attachments

• livin in the 80s.jpg
    livin in the 80s.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 40

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It would be hard to match the red jersey with the black helmet or pants without the collar. For me it's such a small thing that I really don't care. Overall I think they're all better than our clown suit USC unis of the past.
Agree.

We should probably get over the ******** about the black collar on red jersey. I like it so we are going to keep it, ha.

Really it's up to Coach, he likes it so there you have it. And it will tie in to other black combos. We don't really know if we are going to see just a few combos, or a whole bunch. My guess is that it will only be a few. There're are only so many to go around anyway.