New Strength Coach

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
the browns aren't any good they barely should be considered "athletes." why would we want a S&C coach that coached these "professionals":jimlad:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Here is a picture of our new strength coach. You heard it here first:

arnold_1_2.jpg

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Why doesn't anybody just say the name of the supposed hire? I would like to know. What's the purpose to even start this thread if nobody is going to say a name? Might as well just get on here and say that I was reading the bible and the end of the world is coming someday. Seriously......any names?

So someone can stroke their ego?:eek:

Reactions: kurimski

cyclone111

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
boone
I heard it's the Browns former S&C coach
One of the former coaches came into my dad's work yesterday and i can't say his name because i don't know if this would get him in trouble.. But he did confirm that Shep was gone and the new strength coach was the former Browns S&C.. This is sort of off topic but he also went on to saying that Chizik never stepped foot into the players locker room during his tenure. He also said that when he didnt think a player was working hard enough he would just put the next man in which leads me to believe why we had so many players in the dog house.

scclone

Dec 13, 2008
One of the former coaches came into my dad's work yesterday and i can't say his name because i don't know if this would get him in trouble.. But he did confirm that Shep was gone and the new strength coach was the former Browns S&C.. This is sort of off topic but he also went on to saying that Chizik never stepped foot into the players locker room during his tenure. He also said that when he didnt think a player was working hard enough he would just put the next man in which leads me to believe why we had so many players in the dog house.

I'm not quite sure on this one because my sources told me they were interviewing a guy this weekend that is not the browns s/c.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Here's some good info on his program if he is fact our guy.

Cleveland Browns | Program stresses fitness, football

I especially like this quote of his:

"It's not a cookie cutter program," Myslinski said. "That always bothered me when I was a player, when everybody did the same program. You're not helping the athlete maximize his own personal capability that way.

scclone

Dec 13, 2008
Here's some good info on his program if he is fact our guy.

Cleveland Browns | Program stresses fitness, football

I especially like this quote of his:

"It's not a cookie cutter program," Myslinski said. "That always bothered me when I was a player, when everybody did the same program. You're not helping the athlete maximize his own personal capability that way.

Oh there's no doubt, if in fact we do get this guy...he will be a TREMENDOUS upgrade.

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
This guy defenetely has a better understanding of physiology than Shep.

"Sometimes we'll push them to their thresholds. Other times, we'll work under those limits."

If you train at 100% everyday your Central Nervous System will enter a state of fatigue. Overtraining will result in increased resting heart rate and your muscles can't recover and repair themselves.

Shep had the guys doing 100% on every lift and every conditioning drill everyday. This hasn't been done since the 70's when nobody knew any better.

"some of the day-to-day exercises to be changed about every month to keep interest levels high and keep a balance between running and lifting. He said his main role is to teach the exercises"
Also something Shep didn't understand. A strength coaches main responsiblity isn't to be best friends with a guy.

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
Classes start monday as would off-season workouts. Should be someone in place by then so I expect an announcement before Monday.

Cytaki

Feb 21, 2008
Nomad
In my view this would be an outstanding hire for the program. A guy with the background of Myslinski who played nine years in the NFL as an offensive lineman who understands what it takes to be a fit offensive lineman and what they need to do to be able to become better offensive lineman. To me he seems like the perfect hire if we can get him!!

H

HGPuck

From what I hear a hire is all but done. Obviously they need more than one S&C person so they could still be conducting interviews. Myslinski is a name I have heard a few different places but I have no idea who has gotten or is going to get the head S&C job.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Oh there's no doubt, if in fact we do get this guy...he will be a TREMENDOUS upgrade.

So what is the S&C community's take on this guy? Personal thoughts? Any info. from the people in the S&C know would be appreciated.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
This guy defenetely has a better understanding of physiology than Shep.

"Sometimes we'll push them to their thresholds. Other times, we'll work under those limits."

If you train at 100% everyday your Central Nervous System will enter a state of fatigue. Overtraining will result in increased resting heart rate and your muscles can't recover and repair themselves.

Shep had the guys doing 100% on every lift and every conditioning drill everyday. This hasn't been done since the 70's when nobody knew any better.

"some of the day-to-day exercises to be changed about every month to keep interest levels high and keep a balance between running and lifting. He said his main role is to teach the exercises"
Also something Shep didn't understand. A strength coaches main responsiblity isn't to be best friends with a guy.

To be fair, Sheppard copies the exact same program he learned from Jeff Madden, at North Carolina and now Texas.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron