New Logo and colors?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
No secret probably. Several store owners are waiting for new ISU merchandise this spring. A committee is currently re-designing or recreating a logo for ISU.

Anybody heard if he colors will be going back to he traditional cardinal red and metallic gold that ISU wore during its first 90 years of football or will we stay w/ the condiment state look?

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
This is only what I was told by JP himself. The football team next year will have the same uniforms as in the years past. So this would speculate that any changing for this upcoming year is probably not going to happen. Its not improbable, but to release any merchandise with incorrect colors and logo to conflict with the future sporting events would not make sense. There may be something in the works following the next football season.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
No secret probably. Several store owners are waiting for new ISU merchandise this spring. A committee is currently re-designing or recreating a logo for ISU.

Anybody heard if he colors will be going back to he traditional cardinal red and metallic gold that ISU wore during its first 90 years of football or will we stay w/ the condiment state look?
Ive never heard of this at all.
I work with the licensing department on a daily/weekly basis and they have not said anything about this.
What "committee" is working on this?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Thanks for the heads up!

I feel confident in what this particaular owner said. Their store is often the first choice among students and ISU fans.

Maybe a year or two down the road is the plan!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If you're going to post something like this, have some substance to back it up other than "Several store owners are waiting for new ISU merchandise this spring."

Of course their getting new merchandise. If they didn't, their shelves would be empty. Every store in the nation gets new merchandise, sometimes...daily! *gasp*

A committee is currently re-designing or recreating a logo for ISU.

What committee would that be? The card party pals? Beer drinking buddies?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Holy cow ISU 22! Did I do something to you that makes you into a jerk????

The folks at T-Galaxy said specifically, that they would be getting new logo merchandise in.

Can I not post that w/o some smart a** remark from you?

What would like from me? Is this a message forum to post about ISU or not? I asked if anybody had heard anything about this and nobody else took the tone that you did.

Why be that guy???

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You asked what we thought the colors would change to...meaning...in your mind it was a done deal.

All other signs point otherwise - that no changes are being made. When the same false rumor (with no substance to support it mind you) continues to show its ugly head time and time again - some of us get annoyed.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
So I'm clear on this-

I'm not on the board every day so if I have a question that I assumed has been brought up, and feel that it is reasonable (non flaming). I should not bring it up because it may annoy you???

I assume that this owner is probably more connected than am I so I felt it would be wise to ask around. Do I have to take a shot from you every time this happens? (right or wrong)

Kind of taking the fun out of posting ISU Fan!

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
ISUFan is just normally a jerk, don't worry about it. That being said, he usually does have substance to back up his jerkiness. I think we're all tired of the uniform/new logo threads and your first post was pretty vague in who you were talking to. Not that your 2nd post really backs it up much better. Was T-Galaxy just talking about themselves specifically getting new logo merchandise in?? I mean to them a new logo could be just bringing in some more "old school" shirts and have nothing to do at all with the athletic department changing anything.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Ya didn't bring it up as a question man...go read your post. Ya brought it up with your vague sources stating it was going to happen. In addition, you mentioned "several" store owners. As of right now, you've only mentioned T-Galaxy. Who are the other "store owners"?

Claiming fallacies to be fact and asking a question are two different things. And those two different things yield difference responses.

Last edited:

CloneForever

Apr 11, 2006
Holy cow ISU 22! Did I do something to you that makes you into a jerk????

The folks at T-Galaxy said specifically, that they would be getting new logo merchandise in.

Can I not post that w/o some smart a** remark from you?

What would like from me? Is this a message forum to post about ISU or not? I asked if anybody had heard anything about this and nobody else took the tone that you did.

Why be that guy???

"Getting new logo merchandise in" could easily mean that "new" and "logo" are both adjectives describing merchandise. It does not necesarrily mean that "new" is an adjective describing "new."

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
ISUFan is just normally a jerk, don't worry about it. That being said, he usually does have substance to back up his jerkiness. I think we're all tired of the uniform/new logo threads and your first post was pretty vague in who you were talking to. Not that your 2nd post really backs it up much better. Was T-Galaxy just talking about themselves specifically getting new logo merchandise in?? I mean to them a new logo could be just bringing in some more "old school" shirts and have nothing to do at all with the athletic department changing anything.

Very valid post. Very nice way of saying it. Very good questions. Round of applause for wonkadog.:yes4lo:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
This is only what I was told by JP himself. The football team next year will have the same uniforms as in the years past. So this would speculate that any changing for this upcoming year is probably not going to happen. Its not improbable, but to release any merchandise with incorrect colors and logo to conflict with the future sporting events would not make sense. There may be something in the works following the next football season.

I think I mentioned this in one of the many uniform threads on here. Mike McBreen is an ISU alum and a senior exec at Nike who deals with collegiate apparel. He was on campus over homecoming weekend and I had a chance to talk to him. He said that he had just finished meeting with the athletic department to finalize the uniforms for next year, the design was a done deal even before Mac stepped down.

He didn't say what they will look like, but if guitarchitect was told by JP that they will stay the same, then I would guess that is the case. The design has been finalized, it will look just like this year, and I can't imagine that they would try to sell merchandise that does not match what is on the field.

JJ4ISU

Apr 11, 2006
WDM Side of Waukee
There is way too much money vested in the current logo and color scheme to make any changes. Part of a marketing plan is to have a consistent, recognizable look and feel. We should just keep the status quo.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I just don't get this ongoing concern with our logo, uniforms, etc. If there is any solid evidence that a change in colors or logos would be beneficial to ISU, does anybody doubt that JP would pull the trigger on it? Building ISU's image and revenue is his number one priority, and from what I have seen from him so far, he definitely has the stones to make a decision that may rattle some people if it is for the greater good. If uniform changes fall in that category, it will happen. Personally, I just don't see it.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006

There is nothing in the works as far as geting a new logo.
I've spoken with the licensing department (just got off the phone with them) and they said there is nothing happening with a new or revised logo.

T-Galaxy could very well be meaning the "new logo" would be new to them, not new to ISU.
As a logo merchandiser, I try to bring in new looks all the time, old-school, new logo, 1 color print, 4 color print, etc.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I think I mentioned this in one of the many uniform threads on here. Mike McBreen is an ISU alum and a senior exec at Nike who deals with collegiate apparel. He was on campus over homecoming weekend and I had a chance to talk to him. He said that he had just finished meeting with the athletic department to finalize the uniforms for next year, the design was a done deal even before Mac stepped down.

He didn't say what they will look like, but if guitarchitect was told by JP that they will stay the same, then I would guess that is the case. The design has been finalized, it will look just like this year, and I can't imagine that they would try to sell merchandise that does not match what is on the field.

You made me re-read what I wrote and want to make a revision now if I could. As I stated before I spoke to JP concerning uniform changes. He stated that he has not heard any discussion of doing so, and that the coaches of Mac's era have already given their input on uniform designs. So I concluded, which i maybe shouldn't have, that the current designs will remain the same. I guess instead I should have said that I assume they would stay the same.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I just don't get this ongoing concern with our logo, uniforms, etc. If there is any solid evidence that a change in colors or logos would be beneficial to ISU, does anybody doubt that JP would pull the trigger on it? Building ISU's image and revenue is his number one priority, and from what I have seen from him so far, he definitely has the stones to make a decision that may rattle some people if it is for the greater good. If uniform changes fall in that category, it will happen. Personally, I just don't see it.

I concur. Branding is key as the previous poster stated.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron