New Illini Unis

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
See this. It's about time we had some consistency in our uniforms. The current set (even though it does look very similar to USC) is a solid tribute to the unis of the 70's. I like them, it's a shame the I State logo doesn't show up well on our helmets.
i want these again

Attachments

• imgres-3.jpeg
    imgres-3.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 30

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
You think our current uniforms are boring and basic, but prefer the monochrome red uniforms from the early 2000s that have no trim other than a letter I pattern around the collar?
the most basic uniforms ever

Attachments

• imgres-4.jpeg
    imgres-4.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 36

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
How to introduce your team's new uniforms in three easy steps:
Step one: Take photos of paid actor wearing uniform in darkest background possible.
Step two: Photoshop the **** out of photos with every effect, lens flare and filter known to man. Remember the more fake lightning bolts and smoke the better. And don't forget to black out the face!
Step three: Call local media and team together. Have players introduce new uniforms to team by stepping into team meeting room wearing every conceivable combination of the new uniforms. Make sure they make several dooshy poses to convey the total awesomeness of new uniforms.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
New U Dub unis... I like the white and matte black helmet, but the rest is pretty ugly.

Blh82K4IAAErmz4.jpg:large

Blh82GyIYAExij4.jpg:large

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
See this. It's about time we had some consistency in our uniforms. The current set (even though it does look very similar to USC) is a solid tribute to the unis of the 70's. I like them, it's a shame the I State logo doesn't show up well on our helmets.

If you click on your link and go back through the history of ISU football jerseys, boy did we screw up going from 1982 to 1983.

That is when our cardinal changed to bright red, and the gold changed to mustard bright yellow. Ugghh. What administration allowed that change? Terrible.

Honestly though, the Jack Trice throwbacks we wore last year our my favorite jerseys in that entire list. And the ones that poor Seneca Wallace had to wear while he was here had to be the worst IMO. The change to bright red and yellow instead of cardinal and gold was bad enough, but when we then added navy blue to the bright red and yellow, that had to take the cake for being the dumbest move ever.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
We at least need some new alternate helmet colors (white and gold for sure) and the new style Nike jerseys (with the updated collars, fit, fabric, etc)

Say what you want about uniforms, but the student athletes eat this stuff up!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Trice Jersey was awesome, just need to figure out the number on the shoulder with the ncaa.

The Trice jerseys were much more awesome in theory and internet lore and "we need to go with this" than they turned out to be on gameday. The real thing ended up being quite disappointing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron