New Football Commit?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Are we really only 1 of 2 of his power 5 offers?

Obviously if this staff wants him I don’t care, was just surprised to see that.
This past cycle and this cycle are so different than all of the others. Why? No regional camps and showcases.

Evaluating the film is more important than ever with that. I trust the coaches analysis of his game tape. He looks a little quicker than Brock honestly - maybe not quite as accurate. I'm for it.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Becht is built similarly to Purdy. It stands out how strong his lower half is.

Also of note... his dad was a massive 6'6" 270 lb NFL tight end. I wonder if Rocco is not done growing.

IIRC, he was listed at 5’11” 170 this time last year, and now after a team event where he probably got weighed and measured, is listed at 6’1” 192 by Rivals, 6’1” 190 by 247.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Kid led his FL high school to a 7A title birth last year. Dad was a 1st round draft pick at TE who played at WVU and then played in the NFL for 11 years. I think this kid will start to gain more steam, especially after this offer.
I'm also wondering if he will have a major growth spurt sometime soon. He was listed as 5'11" just a few months ago and is now listed at 6'1"is dad is 6'6".

EDIT: Guess I should have read the rest of the comments.

Reactions: Aclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I'm also wondering if he will have a major growth spurt sometime soon. He was listed as 5'11" just a few months ago and is now listed at 6'1"is dad is 6'6".

EDIT: Guess I should have read the rest of the comments.
We seem to have a knack for getting kids who seem to not peak their junior year.

If this kid grows and improves on his accuracy..could be quite a haul. Lane Kiffin as dirty as he is knows offensive talent, that raised my eyebrows when ole miss offerred.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Also some Ivy League interest. Was pretty high on us a month ago. Me likey!

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Also some Ivy League interest. Was pretty high on us a month ago. Me likey!

Read that article, and just noticed that it says he’ll be committing April 12th. I think he has obviously told the staff already, based on the tweets, but in case anyone is waiting for the confirmation.