New Commit- LJ Gamblin (Story Retracted)

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
The difference being that people pay for his information. You get bad bogey dope on here and it's no harm no foul, since you're investing nothing more than the time to click on and read the thread.

I'm not criticizing it in the least, but it's one of the realities of making a living off of this stuff. I hold P.C. to a much higher standard than I do Jeremy, or others on CF since he is asking me to pay him money for his info - which I do, since he is usually dead on.

I am amazed that there are still people that will pay for this info. Don't they get a sick feeling when they dish out dough and find the same info a day or two later for free? Maybe they just have money to burn.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I am amazed that there are still people that will pay for this info. Don't they get a sick feeling when they dish out dough and find the same info a day or two later for free? Maybe they just have money to burn.

Without letting this degenerate into a pay vs. non-pay site debate, Paul does a really good job of gathering info. It's not really just about getting a "commit list", it's about having a recruiting "expert" that you can bounce stuff off of. A lot of the speculation-type threads that get started in here could be easily settled by Paul, instead of going on for pages and pages.

I'm not saying there aren't equally well-informed people here, there just aren't many that care to put that much effort into the recruitment process of high school kids day-in and day-out.

Also, a lot of the folks on there do have "money to burn". 10 bucks/month is a lot different to established alumni than to a poor college kid, or a guy just out of school with tons of student loans, a mediocre paying job, a car and a mortgage.

Belonging to both, I like the forums here much better, and the inside info over there slightly better.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines

I am amazed we still have people here at this free board that want to diss the people that pay $10 at a premium board so Paul can afford to do his work. Do you think Paul can do that kind of work for free? Lets say you get your way and Paul discontinues his board, thanks a lot, the rest of us will suffer by being limitted to what the DMR reports which is nothing.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Dude, Paul didn't write the article, it was an Iowa Preps writer who reported that he committed. They are on the Rivals network so it becomes a network story. Not every story on Rivals about a Cyclone recruit is written bhy Paul Clark, this story was from a completely different site.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007

It's like $10 a month. There wouldn't be ANY info (free or otherwise) if people didn't pay for this service.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I am amazed we still have people here at this free board that want to diss the people that pay $10 at a premium board so Paul can afford to do his work. Do you think Paul can do that kind of work for free? Lets say you get your way and Paul discontinues his board, thanks a lot, the rest of us will suffer by being limitted to what the DMR reports which is nothing.

Rivals existed before Paul, and it would go on without him. The database is updated by guys from all the teams, as well as guys that don't have teams.

Yes, you're paying in part for Paul, but you're also paying 10bux a month for the rest of the Rivals network "stuff". You'd still have a fairly clear picture of where things are at without Paul. It wouldn't be nearly as sharp, though (think: Scout.com).

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
What I dislike about these Cyclone related subscriptions is when you pay for a print magazine, get one or two mailings, and then get stiffed for the rest.
Sorry, someday I will let this go, but I'm reminded of it when read about what Paul "hates" to have to do. I understand.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I think what PolkCityClone is saying is a pretty common feeling though amongst members here.....we like to hear about the recruits but there is no point in paying for this information since it doesn't really matter until they sign on the dotted line and show up for two-a-days. Say if Paul didn't report this information, what would happen? We as fans would still have the scoop on these players, just not quite as soon, but what does it matter if you know about a recruitment now or a month from now? He won't even hit the gridiron until next year at the earliest....so who cares.

And I know many on here pay for his site, so we disagree....this is just my opinion.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think what PolkCityClone is saying is a pretty common feeling though amongst members here.....we like to hear about the recruits but there is no point in paying for this information since it doesn't really matter until they sign on the dotted line and show up for two-a-days. Say if Paul didn't report this information, what would happen? We as fans would still have the scoop on these players, just not quite as soon, but what does it matter if you know about a recruitment now or a month from now? He won't even hit the gridiron until next year at the earliest....so who cares.

And I know many on here pay for his site, so we disagree....this is just my opinion.

Just think if all the money sent to 'paysites' went to the ISU athletic department on a yearly basis. Talk about instant upgrade in fund raising.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Not really a good point. Every board has its place, some want to pay for a service, some do not, that is fine. But with posts like this, we have people telling other poeple how they should spend there money.

If you do not want to pay for a different service, that is fine. However, CR does an excellent job and generates a lot of what ends up being discussion here.

Also, a while ago a poll was done over there on how many were NCC members and and what level. Based on the poll responses for the various levels, subscribers over there are probably contributing at least $500-750,000 annually. These numbers are only from those that responded and are based on if they only gave the minimum per level. I personally know at more than 5 who are Captains level or above.

As a rule, there are probably more donors as a percentage over on that board than this one. Each board has there place and reason for being popular, but those who pay for premium information are probably more likely to also be donors.

Just my opinion.

Help Support Us

Become a patron