New Bowling Alley in Ames

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Correct, and they are building it fairly quickly. It should be done in a little bit.

Hilton Garden Inn, right? I'm betting that they want to get it done before FB season. Nice easy drive down Mortenson to JT on gameday.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
You guys that are still in college should join a bowling league.

We used to be in the Sunday night league, it started out as an excuse to get a little drunk on Sunday night, after a few months it turned into an all-day Sunday pre-bowling party and then a post-bowling party at midnight or so when the league got over. God I'd hate to guess how much we spent their on beer. Was hung over every Monday for almost 2 years. Bowling leagues an absolute blast if you have a fun team.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hilton Garden Inn, right? I'm betting that they want to get it done before FB season. Nice easy drive down Mortenson to JT on gameday.

HGI's are amazing places to stay at. No offense against Ames, but I'm surprised they're building one there...

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I spoke to the bar manager out at West Towne Pub last night, and he said that the bowling alley is going up on the South side of that pond. He also mentioned something about the owner wants to make the pond into a driving range with floating range balls. The tee boxes would be on the east side kind of by the kum n go sign.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
I spoke to the bar manager out at West Towne Pub last night, and he said that the bowling alley is going up on the South side of that pond. He also mentioned something about the owner wants to make the pond into a driving range with floating range balls. The tee boxes would be on the east side kind of by the kum n go sign.

Goddamit! Why didn't they do this like 3 years ago?!

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
According to my real estate professor 2 years ago at ISU, it was 17%...and that was before all the new ones by Mortensen we complete.:no:

That's insane...and yet the rent prices are equally insane.