Nest Hello Doorbell

BobTheHawkHater

Jan 21, 2008
Can someone comment on internet data usage required by these cameras? Like for example, the Nest Aware Plan with typical usage at a decent video resolution. What are we looking at a month? 200GB? More?

BobTheHawkHater

Jan 21, 2008
Anybody using the non-doorbell Nest cameras with batteries? I’m thinking about adding a couple to go along with my new Nest doorbell but I don’t want to have to change batteries every few months. How long do the batteries last on a new charge?

Love the doorbell camera so far. I have it set to record only for motion, and record/notify for people detection and package detection. Nothing for recording clips triggered on sound.

My only complaints so far are that changes in lighting cause several motion clips to be recording at dusk and dawn, or as clouds pass by on a partly cloudy day.

Also the package detection isn’t great. I’ve had several occasions where a package was placed well inside my zone but was not reported. I was still tuning the zone and the delivery person’s head wasn’t in the zone so I didn’t get a person notification. Could that be a requirement for triggering a package notification?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron