Nebraska should just file for a divorce from the Big 10.....

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
what the hell happened here? You forget how to quote?

And yeah, I definitely said Iowa and Ohio State are equals. Actually, **** that, last time Iowa played OSU in football they curb stomped them so OSU is obviously Iowa's ***** in football

nevermind the fact that Iowa almost never plays OSU
Fixed it for you.

Reactions: Acylum

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
You can have personal animosity and still recognize their value. It's called business.

1. You should feel personal animosity, KSU was as close to getting relegated by realignment as ISU was...because NU was butthurt about Texas.

2. They absolutely belong in the Big 8 footprint and provide FBS level competition and revenue.

The issue is the instability that their entitlement complex drags along with them. If there was way to get rid of that, it might be ok, but I don't think there is...

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Tbh we fit in the Big 12 much better than we would in the B1G. Part of it is we have a lot more in common with our current conference mates than we would B1G. Nebraska’s ass hole fan base fits perfectly in the B1G right next to Iowa’s and the other arrogant schools. My interactions with brother Big 12 fans other than when Nebraska fans were in the stadium has been pleasant. Never met a Baylor fan.
On the contrary, ISU fits much more with the Big 10, both in cultural profile and academic strengths.
There are three peer schools in the Big 10 that come immediately to mind that we compare ourselves to: Mich State, Purdue, and Penn State. There are none in the Big 12.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
On the contrary, ISU fits much more with the Big 10, both in cultural profile and academic strengths.
There are three peer schools in the Big 10 that come immediately to mind that we compare ourselves to: Mich State, Purdue, and Penn State. There are none in the Big 12.

Wisconsin as a school too.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
The issue is the instability that their entitlement complex drags along with them. If there was way to get rid of that, it might be ok, but I don't think there is...
Considering NU's options, their return to the Big 12 would likely be for good. Who else would take them besides the American? The entitlement complex is real but if they ever parted ways with the B1G there is exactly ONE power 5 conference that would pick up the phone.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nebraska is in a tough spot. They're not happy with the Big Ten but the only conference that would consider taking them is the Pac 12

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Nebraska had a legitimate top-10 team in 2010. But its final season of Big 12 play produced a bizarre sense of sabotage. Powerful forces seemed to blatantly conspire against Big Red. Some of it was angst carried over from the 90s. Some of it was Pelini himself. By any standard, it was ugly.

I’ll never forget bowl selection day. Nebraska, according to the pecking order, should’ve gone to the Insight Bowl to face Iowa, a fun little border showdown previewing their new Big Ten rivalry. Instead, the Big 12 chose Missouri — whom the Huskers had beaten — and sent Nebraska to San Diego again to face Washington again. The Huskers had demolished the Huskies just three months earlier.

Don't the bowls choose who they want to come play?

• Agree
Reactions: exCyDing and Acylum

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
No love for Nebraska, but teams that have to forfeit a game due to Covid should take a L, and the other team a W, just like any other forfeit.

If the Covid protocols for sports had more teeth in them, we might have fewer cancelled games.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
No love for Nebraska, but teams that have to forfeit a game due to Covid should take a L, and the other team a W, just like any other forfeit.

If the Covid protocols for sports had more teeth in them, we might have fewer cancelled games.

I think they should fine the players. Take it out of their game check

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Maybe the first time I've ever agreed with you on anything!

Why should Nebby be punished by their players staying safe and Covid free while Wisky was a s**t show?

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Nebraska sounds like a twice-divorced 50 year old, cosmetic enhanced hag thinking there are younger men looking for a trophy wife- and they fit the bill.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
what the hell happened here? You forget how to quote?

And yeah, I definitely said Iowa and Ohio State are equals. Actually, **** that, last time Iowa played OSU in football they curb stomped them so OSU is obviously Iowa's ***** in football

nevermind the fact that Iowa almost never beats OSU

yeah, the national media sure made fun of OSU the rest of that season for that loss too.

Matt33

Apr 12, 2015
I was sitting in a bar in Omaha and asked a Nebraska fan what he thought of the situation and if he wanted them to go back to the Big 12. His response was we will never go back because we enjoy the competition of the BIG 10

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Knebraska can go **** itself. I hope it keeps falling....forever....

• Winner
Reactions: dafarmer

Help Support Us

Become a patron