Nebraska Memorial Stadium Market Survey Results

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
It looks as if Nebraska is in the works of planning an update to Memorial Stadium and is looking to get input from the masses to get thoughts on certain topics surrounding the expansion/remodel of Memorial Stadium. The survey includes quite a few categories that include alcohol and sports gambling.

I know we are not Nebraska fans and "who cares" but I thought it was interesting look into many things that I think we are all asking questions about concerning our fan base from time to time. I think that it would be nice to get this kind of survey from ISU to get a good feel as to where the fans think Jack Trice Stadium should go in the near and distant future.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hot tubs

redneck-hottub.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
In terms of service, I give them credit for one big thing. Last year, I attended a game there and sat in the Visitor's Section. However, I was able to livestream the entire Iowa State game while watching their game live.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
In terms of service, I give them credit for one big thing. Last year, I attended a game there and sat in the Visitor's Section. However, I was able to livestream the entire Iowa State game while watching their game live.
on Iowa State game day's, I've just accepted the fact that once I'm in JTS, I won't be able to use my phone lol

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After being to games at many different stadiums throughout the U.S., one thing becomes glaringly apparent when comparing them all to ISU. While many of them are much nicer, cooler, or much more impressive in stature, pretty much none of them are as fan and family friendly as ISU, especially when it comes to a conducive tailgating environment. Rather than discourage and tighten tailgating rules, its pretty crazy how much of a leash ISU has given to the fans to have fun. Pretty much nobody has that type of leash. I'm sure there are nitpicks to be complained here and there about ISU's gameday and stadium, but they are really just that, nitpicks.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Cutting capacity with wider seats to keep sell out streak alive and serving beer so patrons won't realize how crappy the games are sure sound like winners.:jimlad:

I think they should erect 100 yard video screens that show Tommy Frazier footage completely blocking off view of the field and play the real games behind the wall of video screens. FWIW Chicago Bears fans might as well be doing the same thing with '85 footage. Identical fanbases.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I think they should erect 100 yard video screens that show Tommy Frazier footage completely blocking off view of the field and play the real games behind the wall of video screens. FWIW Chicago Bears fans might as well be doing the same thing with '85 footage. Identical fanbases.
At least Chicago has a chance at a return to greatness someday because of the draft.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
After being to games at many different stadiums throughout the U.S., one thing becomes glaringly apparent when comparing them all to ISU. While many of them are much nicer, cooler, or much more impressive in stature, pretty much none of them are as fan and family friendly as ISU, especially when it comes to a conducive tailgating environment. Rather than discourage and tighten tailgating rules, its pretty crazy how much of a leash ISU has given to the fans to have fun. Pretty much nobody has that type of leash. I'm sure there are nitpicks to be complained here and there about ISU's gameday and stadium, but they are really just that, nitpicks.
Agreed. Pollard knows that tailgating is the golden goose of ISU athletics. Whether the team is good or bad, it's obvious that a large portion of fans are going to be there to tailgate every game...or at least until it gets cold or rainy. Anything that has a negative effect on tailgating is not going to fly with Pollard. The City of Ames knows it too. I'm not in the student lots, but I can say that in the regular lots, you never see cops busting people for getting out of hand or having glass bottles. And you never see people getting pulled over leaving the lots. Pollard is going to protect tailgating at all costs. And that includes opening the lots super early and now giving RV lots power hookups.

I would love improved cell service at JTS or stadium-wide wifi, but that seems like a pretty expensive proposition.

• Winner
Reactions: dafarmer