Nebraska feels worse than us

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Sure, we lost last night and the incredibly undisciplined football finally caught up with us, but at least we're not Nebraska. I recorded their game and just watched it.

They were completely outclassed and thoroughly whooped.

It made me feel better.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I couldn't believe how bad Nebraska looked last night. Made me feel a little better about the butt whoopin we took.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Who cares how Nebraska did? The only game of theirs I follow as a Cyclone fan is when they play Iowa, a team we beat! They wanted us to forget about them when they left the Big XII. That works for me. Now I have to listen to their sports guys and "fans" whine all week about the loss. Thankfully it was on the road, or we'd already be hearing talk of "fire the coach" from the "greatest fans in college football". Sad. :rolleyes:

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Sure, we lost last night and the incredibly undisciplined football finally caught up with us, but at least we're not Nebraska. I recorded their game and just watched it.

It made me feel better.

But they get to play a B1G schedule while we're still stuck with the gauntlet that is the Big 12.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I do really hope they rebound though and beat OSU next weekend!
True. tOSU deserves many a beat down for all the stuff Tressel and the boys covered up. Glad to see Pryor still unable to play in NFL. Hope they stick to their guns on his suspension, as he was definitely gaming the NFL rules on the supplemental draft.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
But they get to play a B1G schedule while we're still stuck with the gauntlet that is the Big 12.

They game UNL the toughest B1G schedule they could think of. Karma, I say, for all the whining they did about how everyone last year was out to get them and keep them from a Big XII title. They got their wish and now it's true in the B1G. And they asked for it....LOL

That being said, look at Iowa's schedule by comparison. LOL. Even Herbstreet sees a path to a division title for the Hawks, who aren't that good BTW.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Anybody who watched Nebraska knew they were way overrated. My dad and best friend are both fans, and they knew this was coming since the first game of the year.

That said, Nebraska is still one of the best teams in the B1G. Chances are they don't lose too many more games this year. Michigan is the only ranked opponent left on their schedule, and Michigan State has a couple of chances to get back into the rankings before they play Nebraska. It's conceivable that they win out and get another shot at Wisconsin.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Anybody who watched Nebraska knew they were way overrated. My dad and best friend are both fans, and they knew this was coming since the first game of the year.

That said, Nebraska is still one of the best teams in the B1G. Chances are they don't lose too many more games this year. Michigan is the only ranked opponent left on their schedule, and Michigan State has a couple of chances to get back into the rankings before they play Nebraska. It's conceivable that they win out and get another shot at Wisconsin.

Nebraska's defense is pretty bad, and their offense is pretty one-dimensional. Very realistic that Michigan will light them up in similar fashion to Wisco. MSU and Iowa also could give them fits. I don't see any way Nebby wins out in the Legends division.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I thought the same thing about NU. I thought it about Florida too. These are two teams from a long heritage of winning who got beat by respectable teams. Losses happen. Ours was self inflicted.

But I took note of another previously-mediocre team ... Clemson. They were the ISU of the ACC. They always seemed as if they should compete but that "something" just never clicked. This year the stars have seemed to align for them, like they will for us. We've got enough talent. We need some discipline and luck.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
The Gators too. Every Saturday there is a list if good teams with bad games.

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
Nebraska's defense is pretty bad, and their offense is pretty one-dimensional. Very realistic that Michigan will light them up in similar fashion to Wisco. MSU and Iowa also could give them fits. I don't see any way Nebby wins out in the Legends division.
+1 I bet Nebraska will lose two more games in their division. I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa beats them in Lincoln. It would have been nice for ISU to get one more shot at them.

RedRiot

Sep 29, 2011

It made me feel better.

5 for 12 on 3rd downs; 3 turnovers; 9 penalities; and a series of blown coverages is not disciplined football. These were all mistakes made by Nebraska that led to their final outcome. Not saying Nebraska should have won, Wisconsin is a great team and is definitely a title contender but you need to gain a better understanding of football and let the past be! Nebraska is gone and you still have a football program to support!!

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
5 for 12 on 3rd downs; 3 turnovers; 9 penalities; and a series of blown coverages is not disciplined football. These were all mistakes made by Nebraska that led to their final outcome. Not saying Nebraska should have won, Wisconsin is a great team and is definitely a title contender but you need to gain a better understanding of football and let the past be! Nebraska is gone and you still have a football program to support!!

You're new here, aren't you?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I love how people talk about things like this as if the opposing team had nothing to do with it. As if Wisco had nothing to do with holding UNL to 5-12 on third downs, or forcing those turnovers, or confusing your D so that they blow the coverages. Even penalties... usually the other guy is doing something better than you that forces you to make that penalty, whether it's the fact that the opposing DL has been beating you, forcing you to jump early or hold; or has you beat on a pass route forcing you to hold or interfere with his route; or whatever.

The "we beat ourselves" argument is so delusional and lame, no matter who's making it, Nebby fans, ISU fans, Iowa fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: GMackey32

krieger

Jul 29, 2011
Nebraska is overrated to begin with and, welcome to the big ten, you Nancys':spinny::yes:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I love how people talk about things like this as if the opposing team had nothing to do with it. As if Wisco had nothing to do with holding UNL to 5-12 on third downs, or forcing those turnovers, or confusing your D so that they blow the coverages. Even penalties... usually the other guy is doing something better than you that forces you to make that penalty, whether it's the fact that the opposing DL has been beating you, forcing you to jump early or hold; or has you beat on a pass route forcing you to hold or interfere with his route; or whatever.

The "we beat ourselves" argument is so delusional and lame, no matter who's making it, Nebby fans, ISU fans, Iowa fans.

Right on!!!!

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

+1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron