Ndsu

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Started at 149 & working back to 141. Just got beat by Verklerleen
I thought I saw him at 49 earlier in the year but didn’t seem him on the intermat rankings just looking through them. OU might be end up being tougher than normal.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
It really seems like Deakin is the only one who has a legitimate shot at David.
Teemer from ASU is a guy no one really wants to wrestle at Nationals. He has a lot of ability to steal a match if he’s firing on all cylinders. David and him have wrestled quite a bit in freestyle if my memory serves me correctly. I’d have to do some digging but I want to say Teemer beat him once at Cadet trials or Jr trails a couple years back. David has also beat him 3 or 4 times (going off of memory here)

• Agree
Reactions: OKClones

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Teemer from ASU is a guy no one really wants to wrestle at Nationals. He has a lot of ability to steal a match if he’s firing on all cylinders. David and him have wrestled quite a bit in freestyle if my memory serves me correctly. I’d have to do some digging but I want to say Teemer beat him once at Cadet trials or Jr trails a couple years back. David has also beat him 3 or 4 times (going off of memory here)

Teemer is really good. One of the few who can keep up with David’s athleticism/quickness. Deakin has the strength.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
NDSU wrestling UNI Saturday night - will be on Flo 7 pm
I live near pantherland and thought about sneaking over to that one to scout both of those teams. But they are having that dual at the West Gym which apparently had some kind of fire code violation or something and are only able to let fans in the lower section of the West Gym. So only season ticket holders are able to go, no walk-up tickets. Our dual vs UNI is in the Mccleod Center so no worries on tickets there. I already got 4.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I'm hoping Bastida ends up manhandling Pentz. He should beat him, of course, but a good drubbing would be a nice statement.

I went back and watched the Pentz v. Buchanan match and I'll say Buchanan looked tuckered out from the first whistle. I wonder if he was still worn out from his match with Bastida.
Pentz looked in control the whole match. Seems to like to hit this little two on one to outside trip move then chain wrestles to a takedown. Pentz ended up pinning Buchanan by catching him in a cradle while Buchanan was defending a low single. So Bastida will have to be careful.
I think if Bastida just takes it to Pentz like he has been doing to guys all season, he'll be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I'm hoping Bastida ends up manhandling Pentz. He should beat him, of course, but a good drubbing would be a nice statement.

I went back and watched the Pentz v. Buchanan match and I'll say Buchanan looked tuckered out from the first whistle. I wonder if he was still worn out from his match with Bastida.
Pentz looked in control the whole match. Seems to like to hit this little two on one to outside trip move then chain wrestles to a takedown. Pentz ended up pinning Buchanan by catching him in a cradle while Buchanan was defending a low single. So Bastida will have to be careful.
I think if Bastida just takes it to Pentz like he has been doing to guys all season, he'll be fine.
I was wondering if Buchanan was one of the kids with illness the week before

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
133 - Ramazon over March 5-3
141 - Parker 6-4 too close
149 - Degan closer than we’d like 9-6
157 - Carr major will be tough, Franak will be defensive making it hard for David to score 9-3 David
165 - Judge or Kraisser needs this match if either wants to get in the rankings.
174 - Devine needs to take care of business, would like to see more offense from Joel.
184 - Coleman wins 7-3
197 - Pentz will push Yonger hopefully Yonger’s gas tank holds up. I’m concerned here.
HWT - Big match for Sam to improve rankings and Big 12 seeding, I think Sam wins close.
125 - Kysen needs to separate from this type of guy. At least a major!
In reality I think Wrestlstat is right and we drop 2 matches just not sure which 2.

Reactions: stuclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
NDSU doesn’t look good against UNI. I wonder how much has to do with needing to make weight again tomorrow

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
NDSU doesn’t look good against UNI. I wonder how much has to do with needing to make weight again tomorrow
Damn. I’m a little worried about our trip to oklahoma without our guys getting challenged some before. Hopefully their in a good spot mentally.

Help Support Us

Become a patron