NCAA Tourney ISU vs CU

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
Nikki Berta@BranenNicol 4 Dec I will be as good as Kristen Hahn one day, if not better!

I hope she's ready

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
utter disaster. waste of my time to watch that crap. I think CJL is an amazing coach, and I just hope the program didn't take too far of a step back this year.

I knew there was a problem when I watched the interview where they said the team needed to cheer each other on more. Just doesn't seem like a lot of chemistry on this squad.

it also did seem odd to me that every ball and every call seemed to go CU's way. It can be deflating, but even their mishits landed in.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
This team really hit a wall...very uncharacteristic of a CJL team... Hopefully come
Back strong next year.

Thanks T and Hahn!

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Crap.

They (CU) had beaten UCLA and then #1 Washington. They're a good team, we're not that great this year. Coach was subbing and scrambling for combinations of players, and at this point in the season that should be settled. This team never had an identity. I hope they get back to work early, and some of these players need to take stock in their development. Great careers for two seniors.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Only seemed to play well in the last half of the last set. Weird. Need to turn on the jets sooner.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was at the match tonight and have to say only the prep band showed up. We looked pretty bad most of the match. After CU settled in a little after the first set I never felt we were going to win or even get to five sets; just the vib in the arena. Really sparse crowd of ISU fans also so it was a total bummer.

At least the Gopher fans I bought my ticket from were nice.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Crap.

They (CU) had beaten UCLA and then #1 Washington. They're a good team, we're not that great this year. Coach was subbing and scrambling for combinations of players, and at this point in the season that should be settled. This team never had an identity. I hope they get back to work early, and some of these players need to take stock in their development. Great careers for two seniors.

This team peaked when they beat WVU, after that they closed out the season 1-4, and the one win was a five set win over a bad TCU team.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
That was just plain hard to watch. Poor passing, no blocking, bad serving, iffy defense. All the things you don't want. I had hoped they'd get past the 1st round without Hurtt, but I don't know if it would have made a difference.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Mass and Hahn both lose in the first round in Minn. during their senior year... very similar seasons.

That was 2010 for Mass. Very interesting parallels between this season and that one.

In 2010, Mass and Henson were tremendous seniors with amazing accomplishments individually. But they probably were not vocal as team leaders. We had a new setter with Landwehr as a sophomore taking over after Manns' graduation. We lost Hockaday, promising hitter/passer and full rotation player, the first week of the season. There was some depth with talented albeit less experienced players on the team.

This year, Hahn and Matlock were tremendous seniors with amazing/solid accomplishments individually. But they didn't appear to have the team following their leads. We had a new setter with Hudson as a sophomore taking over after Landwehr's graduation. We lost Malloy, promising hitter/passer/setter and full rotation player, the week before the start of the season. There was some depth with talented albeit less experienced players on the team.