NBA draft: royce moving up

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Mashburn was a very good 3 point shooter...I don't recall him being like Royce.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Personally bummed. I wanted the Cavs to snatch him with the Lakers pick. But I'll be happy for him if he goes higher of course. Don't want him to go to the Heat though, I hate LeBron.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Personally bummed. I wanted the Cavs to snatch him with the Lakers pick. But I'll be happy for him if he goes higher of course. Don't want him to go to the Heat though, I hate LeBron.

Personally, I don't care where he goes as long as it's a good system where Royce can succeed in. I'd like to see him go to a team that is frequently on national or local television though:yes:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Im not huge on the NBA, so wherever he goes, I'll probably cheer for that team. I want to see Royce succeed - even as a role player.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
im honestly just happy for the guy. he got his second chance and took full advantage. he went through a ton of adversity with his anxiety and royce met all of that head on. he worked his butt off (sweat or no sweat :jimlad:) and became true ames favorite. whichever team drafts royce, will definitely give me a reason to watch the nba regular season again. i could care less if its the heat or the golden state warriors.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
I read a tweet from a reporter that said.. "hearing NOLA's big 3 could consist of Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, and Royce White" keep in mind they have the first and tenth pick. That would be a fun team to watch.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
i dont see royce being a starter with many teams in his first couple years. still needs to develop a bit, but when all is said and done i think he will really be a solid player. he probably wont ever put up good numbers or be an all-star but should have a nice long career. i dont follow nba like i used to so i have to ask what teams would royce best fit in with?

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
i dont see royce being a starter with many teams in his first couple years. still needs to develop a bit, but when all is said and done i think he will really be a solid player. he probably wont ever put up good numbers or be an all-star but should have a nice long career. i dont follow nba like i used to so i have to ask what teams would royce best fit in with?

I think the length of his career and status in the league will be defined by his ability to defend and rebound. Unless he improves greatly as a shooter (foul shooter), can't see him being a primary scoring option and passing alone I don't think gets him the minutes he needs to develop his game

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
I think Royce can be a solid contributer the first couple of seasons off the bench as an energy guy who can distribute the ball, get rebounds, and play defense(a la Kenneth Faried). In order for Royce to become a starter in the NBA, he needs to work on his jump shot and free-throw shooting. However his physical strength and natural ball-handling abilities will make him a very solid role player for a great NBA team.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
Royce will have a good, long career. Everyone always says "oh well he cant shoot" .. Well, when did he need to? He was the definition of unguardable in college. Big guy? Hes going past you. Small guy? Your getting backed down. Yes, I do realize the NBA is a different game, but tweaking a jumpshot is one of the easiest things to coach. He has the physical attributes and the natural talent to be a long-term starter in the NBA.

Reactions: necromancy

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Royce will have a good, long career. Everyone always says "oh well he cant shoot" .. Well, when did he need to? He was the definition of unguardable in college. Big guy? Hes going past you. Small guy? Your getting backed down. Yes, I do realize the NBA is a different game, but tweaking a jumpshot is one of the easiest things to coach. He has the physical attributes and the natural talent to be a long-term starter in the NBA.

He didnt have to shoot because he had thug life and Chris Allen. Add McGee and Babb, and that team was dangerous. All he has to do is get drafted to a team like Miami, or, well, that's really the only team I can think of.

I want him to go to Miami. Let's just say that.