Navigation tips and Cyclone history

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I would like to know the best way to navigate this board, which I believe someone else asked about. After growing up in Ames and graduating from the J-school at Iowa State (a couple times) I was a newspaper sports editor in Iowa and an editor in Minnesota. I then taught high school journalism in Iowa City (!), where I actually worked with former Cyclone football standout Brian Neal, and later held the same position in Texas. Our kids graduated from Wichita State and KU and are very respectful of my passion for the Cyclones. For the past 20 years, I've taught sports broadcasting in Kansas. We've made many coverage trips to 'God's Country' (the Ames area) and I've taken the students on media tours there. As a college student, I covered the Cyclones for The Daily, The Ames Tribune and the Des Moines Register. I've been going to games since the Glen Anderson and Johnny Majors years and have followed everything closely. I also try to make several contests a year. Thanks!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I would like to know the best way to navigate this board, which I believe someone else asked about. After growing up in Ames and graduating from the J-school at Iowa State (a couple times) I was a newspaper sports editor in Iowa and an editor in Minnesota. I then taught high school journalism in Iowa City (!), where I actually worked with former Cyclone football standout Brian Neal, and later held the same position in Texas. Our kids graduated from Wichita State and KU and are very respectful of my passion for the Cyclones. For the past 20 years, I've taught sports broadcasting in Kansas. We've made many coverage trips to 'God's Country' (the Ames area) and I've taken the students on media tours there. As a college student, I covered the Cyclones for The Daily, The Ames Tribune and the Des Moines Register. I've been going to games since the Glen Anderson and Johnny Majors years and have followed everything closely. I also try to make several contests a year. Thanks!
Welcome to you. Probably the first thing that you'll want to do is click on your user name in the upper right hand corner of the page. On the pull down menu click on "Account Upgrades". Then sign up for "SUPERFANATIC T2". This will get you lots of good benefits and Chris Williams will appreciate it.

Good luck!

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Welcome to you. Probably the first thing that you'll want to do is click on your user name in the upper right hand corner of the page. On the pull down menu click on "Account Upgrades". Then sign up for "SUPERFANATIC T2". This will get you lots of good benefits and Chris Williams will appreciate it.

Then as I@ST1 has suggested, I would opt out of the Political Forums, however I would suggest that regardless of political leanings. It's better for your mental health. Maybe someone will chime in and give guidance on how to do that. Good luck!
Believe that is under preferences.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Tri

Sep 10, 2009

Then as I@ST1 has suggested, I would opt out of the Political Forums, however I would suggest that regardless of political leanings. It's better for your mental health. Maybe someone will chime in and give guidance on how to do that. Good luck!
Since your in journalism and have taught in public institutions the odds are very high you are on the left so actually you will be in good company on the political forum.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I opt out of the political forum as well.

I generally look at the front page and if there's something there that grabs my interest I'll read that. I'm not a big fan of the podcasts but will sometimes listen.

Mostly I load the main forums page and go from there.

Be sure to read the weekly On That Note posting from some really great guys on here... @CycloneRulzzz, @cyclones500 and some weirdo goes by MeanDean. That's usually posted on Tuesday evenings.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Under the Forums tab you have New Posts, Trending, Latest and Forum List. I'd bookmark Latest to get the latest & currently active threads. Can navigate specific forums on the list if you want to seek something specific.

Politics and In-State Rivals are opt-in under your Preferences.

If you're inclined, sign up for a Tier 2 subscription to access the premium forum and get insider dialogue with Chris and the staff.

Reactions: aauummm

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
How did my comment get removed??? And if so by who? It was true advice for our new friend!!

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021

Good luck!
Thanks for the info....

Help Support Us

Become a patron