National love for Sage

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I said earlier this week...

All he has to do is play at least average football the last couple games and he's got a starting spot headed into camp someplace.

Take a look around the league and see how many QB starved teams there are - I'd be shocked if he didn't get one.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, I'm hoping for not that. I want him to have a good career.

But honestly, when was the last time a QB went to Chicago and did very well?

*crickets*

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Come on Bears! Pick up the Sage-Man!

Now, why would you want Sage's career to end that way? You know it's true. With their O-Line he'll either have a career ending injury or look so bad that nobody else will want him.

Go to Buffalo. Losman will be out and Edwards still hasn't proven anything. The last two years they've been on the cuff of the playoffs but haven't been able to seal the deal.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
As a Bears fan I really wouldn't be excited to see Sage in Chicago. I think he's playing well and it'd be cool to have an ISU grad on the Bears but I don't think that he'd be a good long-term solution there. I guess my thinking is that he's a younger version of Griese, nothing great, nothing horrible.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Sage is not a QB that's going to beat you, so he needs to go to a team with a solid defense...like the way Houston's is playing recently.

I think he could fit well in Herm's system in KC. Solid running game there, Herm is a defensive guy, etc.

Get another receiving threat for him down there and I think Sage could do well. I don't see him ending up there though.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
If Sage went to the Bears there would be two Iowa QB's there. I doubt that has happened before for Iowa.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i say send him to Baltimore or maybe to Carolina

if he cant find some1 that will take him as a starter.. go to green bay and be a back up for a season or 2 and beat out Rodgers

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Take a look around the league and see how many QB starved teams there are - I'd be shocked if he didn't get one.

I can think of a few that would like to have his services. *cough* Bears *cough*

I'd love to see an ISU grad QBing my team...although if the Bears sign him, he will automatically suck so maybe he wants to go elsewhere.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Now, why would you want Sage's career to end that way? You know it's true. With their O-Line he'll either have a career ending injury or look so bad that nobody else will want him.

Go to Buffalo. Losman will be out and Edwards still hasn't proven anything. The last two years they've been on the cuff of the playoffs but haven't been able to seal the deal.

They will be upgrading their O line. Sage is just the kind of guy that can come in there, pick up the offense quickly, stay poised and focused, and lead this team to victory!

And...I would hope that the Bears will look at the future by drafting someone.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Orton is from Iowa.

I believe Sage is under contract, so he can't just leave and go someplace. No way the Packers trade for him and I can't see him leaving Houston to just be a backup someplace else - especially on a team with a backup that is tabbed as the future franchise QB.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Orton is from Iowa.

I believe Sage is under contract, so he can't just leave and go someplace. No way the Packers trade for him and I can't see him leaving Houston to just be a backup someplace else - especially on a team with a backup that is tabbed as the future franchise QB.

I know Orton is from Iowa. I was asking what other Iowa QBs there are - much less two playing on the same team.

Forgot about Warner.

That's pretty cool when you think about it. 3 home grown products in the NFL. All currently starting. Perhaps a little misleading. 2 from instate programs.

Add Senenca as a Iowa college product.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron