name 10 replacements for Mac

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
Re: If not Mac then who?

If you were Pollard, would be looking at D1 head coaches exclusively, D1-AA head coaches, D1 powerhouse coordinators or what? I'd almost be inclined to go for the D1-AA HC who has been dominant at that level and see what he can do with D1 talent...

By the way, wasn't Jim Tressle HC at Youngstown State, a D1-AA school, for many years??

Last edited:

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Re: Coaching thoughts

I second that jgooder. It is insane how bipolar all the fans on this board are. We should start a petition to at least limit these threads to one per week. Everyone has a right to their opinion but we don't need 3 threads a day saying the same thing.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006

Go join Hawkeye Nation as they try to talk about replacements for O'Keefe and Norm Parker after the Indiana game.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames

I don't think that mac is the immediate problem. I think that changes in the assistants could make a significant change. A more aggresive Offensive coordinator would be much appreciated.

bcr4isu

Oct 17, 2006

Well you have to start thinking about it. Dan has had 13 years to get us going, and I will agree he has gotten us better, but we need someone else to get us to the next level. Iowa State fans have every right to upset with Dan, especially season ticket holders, he has just collapsed three years in a row, the last two especially when isu could have been the big 12 north champs. We have stuck with him for 13 years, he has had his shot, time for someone else. Also im not saying just dan....we should start with a clean slate, everybody in the big 12 is getting better except us.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
For every Tressell there is a Terry Allen in DI-AA, and if I recall there was alot of hope he would be the next ISU coach back in the Wal-nuts era. Thank goodness he wasn't hired, as his fine body of work both at Kansas and ISU showed he would not have been a good fit for us.

HITMAN

May 10, 2006
Westminster,CO.
While e-mailing my nephew who works on campus at ISU..He said if Iowa State loses the rest of their games, and Dan Hawkins has a better record than Coach Mac, that might seal it but the buyout clause might be to much to handle...That would just about seal it...I would like Bo Pelini to come in after Skladaney retires and become the Def. Coor. with the chance to become the Head Coach if things don't turn around...I really don't have any other coaches that come to mind...I just wish Mac would win some games and keep dummies like me for writing about new coaches...But I do like Pellini replacing Skladaney...Thoughts....

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
Uh... why would Pelini leave OK to be a coordinator at ISU?? There's no way they could promise him a head job. That'd never fly. It'd have to be fire Mac and bring Pelini in as HC. I don't know what to think of him as a coach - only coached one game (NU's bowl game a few years back)

clone33

Apr 13, 2006
SE Iowa
www.espn.go.com
Why shouldn't we hire within the program and go with Chris Ash? Norm Chow wouldnt leave the NFL for all the money in the world. Does anybody think Chuck Long could be bought back to this great state? Maybe Mark Farley could get us turned around, but I'm not sure.

I wonder if Greg McDermott has a fall job????

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
Let's all be realistic here. You may not have heard of them but these guys are nails:

1. Frank Beamer
2. Urban Meyer
3. Kirk Ferentz (Even though he is gay)
4. Pete Carrol
5. Steve Spurrier
6. Tommy Tuberville
7. Charlie Weis
8. Bobby Stoops
9. Rush Propst
10. Frank Beamer's Goiter

And I would trade them all for UT's budget.

Gimmee a break. Hiring is a crap shoot unless you can outbid. remeber when we all that Ferentz was a mistake?

Wow!!!! With the obvious knowledge of football coaching that you posess, never let me question you again. Actually there is just one thing that I want to know, are you related to Dan directly??? or is it a staff member???

PlymouthCy

Mar 21, 2006
Hinton
Visit site

Go join Hawkeye Nation as they try to talk about replacements for O'Keefe and Norm Parker after the Indiana game.

Some fans were throwing Kirk under the bus as well. It is kind of nice knowing that all of the knee-jerk fans in the state are not all on this board.

dglade

May 13, 2006
Waukee
Might want to take a look at that "bad" season K-State is having. Is it bad because they struggled to beat a 1-AA team? So did we, and if you look at their record they are 4-2 (1-1), we are 3-3 (0-2). Hmm, they are having a bad season! And I'm pretty sure Colorado's troubles started way before Dan Hawkins was hired, they talked about firing Barnett for 3 years and dug a hole for themselves, I don't want us to dig back into the hole Coach Mac got us out of.

They have not played the schedule we have yet. Don't start saying this record is this. When they haven't played the teams we have played. Wait till the end of season and see what happens to KState. They might not win another game the rest of the year. Maybe one more.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Big rumbles in Hawkeye land over Indiana. Some people are ready to throw $2.7M Kirk under the bus as he is about the highest paid coach in college.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
Uh... why would Pelini leave OK to be a coordinator at ISU?? There's no way they could promise him a head job. That'd never fly. It'd have to be fire Mac and bring Pelini in as HC. I don't know what to think of him as a coach - only coached one game (NU's bowl game a few years back)

Pelini is at LSU not OU anymore.

Help Support Us

Become a patron