Naadir Tharpe to Transfer From Kansas

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

He wasn't. Frank Mason was starting at the 1, Frankamp at the 2, and they are finalist with NC State for the top remaining PG (they are most likely getting him). With the two other M-AA they have coming in and Perry Ellis. He would have been the first guy off the bench, but he wasn't starting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He wasn't. Frank Mason was starting at the 1, Frankamp at the 2, and they are finalist with NC State for the top remaining PG (they are most likely getting him). With the two other M-AA they have coming in and Perry Ellis. He would have been the first guy off the bench, but he wasn't starting.

Frank Mason was going to start over him just like last year? Frankamp over Selden? Let me follow that up with another LOL

Last edited:

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Frank Mason was going to start over him just like last year? Let me follow that up with another LOL

sigh...Can't argue with stupid. Frank Mason was a Frosh last year and wasn't ready. I don't really think there was much question that Mason was going to be the starting PG. This only coming from every person that follows KU basketball at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
sigh...Can't argue with stupid. Frank Mason was a Frosh last year and wasn't ready. I don't really think there was much question that Mason was going to be the starting PG. This only coming from every person that follows KU basketball at all.

So Mason (16mpg) was going to start over the senior returning starter Tharpe (29mpg) and Frankamp (8mpg) was going to start over returning starter Selden (29mpg)?

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
Now we know why Tharpe decided to transfer:

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 3m Devonte Graham told ESPN he has chosen Kansas over NC State.

Self must have told Tharpe to gtfo so he could bring in Graham.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Tharpe wasn't forced to leave because of Graham. They had two open scholliies

Either Frankamp or Mason will be the starter but my bets on Frankamp as Self stated today he want to use Selden like ISU used Kane. Frnakamp really stepped up at the end of the year.
Graham will be a very good back up.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Wrong. Self was not going to start Mason over Tharpe. That flies in the face of every experience that I have ever had with Self. He values experience over anything and would only start a younger player if he was glaringly better. Every KU fan that I know and have had dealings with assumed that Tharpe would start from Day One and that Mason and Frankamp would be given the opportunity to prove on the court that they deserved the starting job.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Now we know why Tharpe decided to transfer:Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN 3m Devonte Graham told ESPN he has chosen Kansas over NC State.Self must have told Tharpe to gtfo so he could bring in Graham.
Huh? Kansas had an open scholly when Embiid left. They had room for him.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
So if you get pregnant (or get a girl pregnant) before you graduate high school then you're a careless knucklehead?

GTFO, dbag. MILLIONS of people are born to young parents. I guarantee everyone on here knows someone who was expecting a baby before they graduated high school.

Mistakes happen.

Wow, ok I think there's a middle ground here. I think you'd have to admit it opens someone up to just a slight question of character when they're fathering children in high school.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
So if you get pregnant (or get a girl pregnant) before you graduate high school then you're a careless knucklehead? GTFO, dbag. MILLIONS of people are born to young parents. I guarantee everyone on here knows someone who was expecting a baby before they graduated high school.Mistakes happen.
As my father taught me: "Don't stick your nose or your d--k into anything unless your are fully prepared to deal with the consequences." Yes, I know a few people that had kids while they were still in high school. They all happen to be irresponsible knuckleheads. There are probably a few exceptions to the rule, but by and large it is a stereotype for a very good reason. Even if only 90% are knuckleheads, Tharpe has followed that action up with plenty of dumb actions to show that he is in the 90% column and not the 10% column.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
As my father taught me: "Don't stick your nose or your d--k into anything unless your are fully prepared to deal with the consequences." Yes, I know a few people that had kids while they were still in high school. They all happen to be irresponsible knuckleheads. There are probably a few exceptions to the rule, but by and large it is a stereotype for a very good reason. Even if only 90% are knuckleheads, Tharpe has followed that action up with plenty of dumb actions to show that he is in the 90% column and not the 10% column.

I'm not sure how they do it in Kansas, but noses aren't generally involved in the getting pregnant process here in Iowa.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009

Good thing coaching is not your profession

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So Mason (16mpg) was going to start over the senior returning starter Tharpe (29mpg) and Frankamp (8mpg) was going to start over returning starter Selden (29mpg)?

Frankamp and Mason played much better in the tourney than Tharpe. No doubt he was going to lose minutes to those 2.