"Mystery" JUCO QB is Jacob Park

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
If you haven't read the 247 article please do. It thoroughly explains how we got Jacob. Some of our best Juco recruits were guys like Colin Franklin and Hayworth Hicks who were expected to play another year in their Junior College so there was not a lot of recruiting interest. Sometimes you just have to have the right connection to find these kind of guys. Great job by the staff.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
That article is a good read about our coaches and for the reasons why he left Georgia. Everyone else was saying it was because of playing time, but he makes it sound like he was just really unhappy at Georgia. The commit about learning more in 45 min is as much of a rip on Georgia as it is as a compliment to us.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Wow - fantastic pickup regardless of whether he starts or is a backup. Great article too.

Hard to believe there's a reason to be excited for ISU football this time of year! Love it

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Well he can't do much worse here than our last 4-star stud transfer (Bo Williams).

In all reality though, this is a huge pickup and probably my favorite recruiting coup of the past 5 years. We need somebody that can come in, be a solid backup, and really push Lanning for the starting role. With 3 years to play, this is the perfect player to help provide us depth at a critical position. A pro-style QB should do really well for us and help with some other recruiting potentials as well.

Who knows if he will beat out Lanning, but I'm sure glad he's going to be here to try.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I've never said CMC hasn't done his homework. I'm sure if CMC wants him, he's good enough to bring in and compete.

All I've been saying is I'm not expecting a 4* "savior" of the program type recruit here. There has to be a reason he doesn't have a bunch of offers, and it's not because nobody but CMC knows about him, I don't believe that.

But that does NOT mean he can't be our starter and be good for us. If he's now a 3* type recruit, that might still be good enough to start for us over Lanning.

Just don't expect Cam Newton.

why is it that every time we get someone, we have 5-6 fans that think it is their job to explain to other fans not to get excited. "dont expect to much" "dont expect cam" "hes probably no good"

what do you get out of that? Does that make you feel better? I honestly would like to know

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
why is it that every time we get someone, we have 5-6 fans that think it is their job to explain to other fans not to get excited. "dont expect to much" "dont expect cam" "hes probably no good"

what do you get out of that? Does that make you feel better? I honestly would like to know

Your problem is you still pay attention to and quote clonedude posts.

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
The negativity on this board is nauseating. It amuses me how certain posters can find negative things in all things good. I am sure they are just a joy to be around in the real world. I am stoked for Park to be a cyclone along with the rest of the recruiting class. Amazing job by Campbell so far. Lots of great articles and sports talk guys are taking notice of the class. On Omaha radio on Monday a national recruiting guru had nice things to say about Iowa State. It is a fun time to be a Iowa state fan.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I think the key is you get a few players like this every year and enjoy the successes and move on from the others.