My uncle got tickets to the Iowa game. As an opposing fan, what can I except?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Never been to basketball there but it has to be better than abuse by drunks at football. Whenever I watch a game there, it looks like the arena has more aisle than seats though.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think most games there, you could probably catch a nap. However, since we are their NBA finals? Final Four? Basketball equivalent of Super Bowl? it might be too loud.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
0 knowledge about the game of basketball. Plenty of jabs at our wrestling program. Slutty chicks from chicago

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Went two years ago and it was pretty civil. Of course, they had little expectations or success leading up to it so it might be different this time.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
We visit my wife's grandmother at her assisted living residence every Sunday evening, if you want a primer...

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Bring some earplugs for the Pancheros burrito bump....other than that, you won't hear much. If you take a selfie with a shirt that says "johnny Lickliter" on it and post it to this forum, I will buy you a Pizza Pit deluxe.

spelhome

Jan 19, 2012
Woodward, Iowa
Besides free pizza.

If you mean the Iowa/Iowa State game in December, Expect a great time, because it should be a great game. My middle daughter is an Iowa grad, and when she was in school we went to the iowa/iowa state game both times it was in iowa city. CHA can't hold a candle to Hilton, but it's not a bad place to watch a game ever since they have recovered from the licklighter years. If you are sporting your colors, (and why wouldn't you), be prepared for hostility. I never talk trash, but always cheer my team loud and proud, and many don't take kindly.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Last time I was there it was so quiet you could hear yourself cheer over the crowd. That was over ten years ago though so maybe they expect more from there team now. Can't figure out why, but they do.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Expect lots of belching, flatulence and bad facial hair...and thats the women.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron