My first trip to Twin Peaks

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I actually had two women tell me yesterday while tailgating that they like the Hawkeyes better because they can get Hawkeye stuff at Victoria's Secret.

Solid reasoning.

Conflicted worse'n sitting behind the hot chick in church...I can argue with a person wanting to be an Iowa fan...but even I can't argue with someone wanting to be an Iowa fan because it allows them to wear sexy underthings.

In before the 300lb chick in Hawk undies.

*edit: Except for this chica

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Whew!!!! Thank you, ISUlive...I was starting to think maybe the hawk chicks with their sexy underthings might have a point, but then you reminded me...sure, it might not have a logo, but it's in ISU colors, and our chicks can look hot while carrying a damn keg!

My rep cannot make up for what you've given me back.

*edit, my 'like' cannot make up....apparently, I gotta start seeing other people. It's not you, it's me.

Reactions: isulive2train

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
I tipped a buck. I couldn't bring myself to completely stiff the waitress. :biggrin:

I'd probably have a hard time completely stiffing some hot girl wearing hawk stuff, but I am sure I could have found a way in my single days. Wait, we're talking about tipping her? N/M

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Just a quick question, OP. Did you even attempt to ask them to turn the volume up for the Cyclone game, or did you just sit and silently brood over the fact?

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
When Iowa and Iowa State are playing at the same time, its going to be like that anywhere outside of the Ames vicinity. You just got to accept it.

Side note: The Hangover burger (fried egg cheeseburger) at Twin Peaks is great

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Also how you knew to ask, eh?
I'm not a typical ComS major, as I do marching band and ROTC. I'm starting to blend the traits of all three together.

I also suck at the actual coursework of my major, so that doesn't help.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I just called to verify, but Twin Peaks promised me they would turn the volume on for the ISU game next weekend.

Reactions: 2020cy
Oct 14, 2007
Ames
Just a quick question, OP. Did you even attempt to ask them to turn the volume up for the Cyclone game, or did you just sit and silently brood over the fact?

No I didn't ask. Not because I'm shy, but mostly because that was the last straw. I had already been sitting there for around ten minutes with an empty glass in front of me and nobody asking me if I wanted another drink. At that point I gave them another five minutes before I went and asked for my check. The thought of leaving crossed my mind, but that would have been crossing a line.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
No I didn't ask. Not because I'm shy, but mostly because that was the last straw. I had already been sitting there for around ten minutes with an empty glass in front of me and nobody asking me if I wanted another drink. At that point I gave them another five minutes before I went and asked for my check. The thought of leaving crossed my mind, but that would have been crossing a line.

Ya know, at some point ya gotta say something to someone instead of crawling back to a message board to beg for a boycott. Maybe that server is just bad.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines

I'm sorry it was a crappy experience for you, but ya know...I don't think outstanding service is really marketed as the big draw at Twin Peaks...I think the wait staff is hired on their strengths with regards to different attributes.