My first trip to Twin Peaks

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
I thought I would go to Twin Peaks to watch the game yesterday. Walk in the door, and I'm greeted by a bunch of girls all wearing Hawkeye gear. Sit at the bar and they have the volume turned up for the Hawk game, but muted on the Cyclone game. Even after the Iowa game was over, instead of turning up the volume of the ISU game, they just turned music on instead. Add all this to the fact that I was completely ignored after I got my food. It took me getting up and approaching a server to even get my check. I got the feeling that the owner doesn't want money from Cyclone fans. I'm happy to oblige. Thought other Cyclone fans might feel the same.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I'm coming down to A&M to fly my Hawkeye flag right in front of your Cyclone flag, buddy! Book it!

Come%2Bat%2Bme%2Bbro%252521s.jpg

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I actually had two women tell me yesterday while tailgating that they like the Hawkeyes better because they can get Hawkeye stuff at Victoria's Secret.

Solid reasoning.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
No business ever survives very long in that spot anyway - it's cursed. With this story, however, I will savor cheering it's demise.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
I'm sure the bad service was just a coincidence (I hope) but piled on top of the less than welcoming atmosphere it made for an unpleasant experience. Have to say the food was good though. And I wasn't at the game because I had to work yesterday, Richard.