Most stupid thing you've paid for

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
The Fiero did have those sweet speakers in the head rests. Of course the radio didn't play either.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Bought into selling Herbalife in College. Got enough friends to buy that I at least made a little money but it was a huge waste of time.
Bought Wonderhangers for my wife. They suck.
Bought a Townhouse in Ankeny. Most money I will ever lose trying to sell it.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
FilterQueen Canister Vac from a traveling salesman. They caught as a very tough time and we werent thinking straight. Its a great vac but doesnt have near the mobility of our Dyson and our dyson was half the cost.

you own 2 vacuums?

Mr Fancypants

NewCoke

Jan 20, 2009
Quixtar/Amway pyramid scheme (to any of you actually doing this, that is what it is) my Freshman year of college. Thank god i didn't actually sink any more than the initial fee into it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Bottled Water - What a SCAM!

Also a large drink at any fast food joint where you have unlimited refills.

+1

We always get the smallest drink possible and refill about 8 times. I've never bought bottled water for myself and never will unless I'm dying.

4ISUnUI2

Dec 1, 2008
At the state fair when I was about 13: a jester hat made out of felt with little jingle bells on the ends. Then I didn't even wear it for "crazy hat day" at school during homecoming week because I knew how stupid it looked.

Semi-related story: A few weeks ago my husband and I were at a mall and he overheard some lady say "If I go into a store, I just feel like I have to buy something.":eek:

AIT

May 29, 2008
Johnston, IA
+1

We always get the smallest drink possible and refill about 8 times. I've never bought bottled water for myself and never will unless I'm dying.

I always buy the large. I'm laughing at you while I refill it about twice and take three times as much as you home :wink:

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
Any type of excercise equipment. They always look like something I can do, but then I use them once and end up throwing them away.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I like bottled water, because I hate the taste of city water, I grew up on a farm and had our own well, and their is no comparison.

I actually refill old bottled water bottles with our well water and keep it in the fridge to take when I go out or to bed at night if I need a drink. I also take an empty water bottle to the airport and fill it at the drinking fountain rather than pay $3 for a damn bottle of water after I go through security. Of course I travel a lot, so it's kind of routine now and I don't even think about it much anymore.

I can't believe how many other travelers have told me they're going to start doing that too and that they never even thought of that. At least 100 times...