Most "Iowa State" Moment Last Night?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Celebration from the special teams unit after Netten missed the game winner. That looked incredibly stupid

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So many to choose from...

So many penalties - including lining up offsides on a punt
Punt blocked
When obviously playing for the game-winning FG, running off tackle the play before instead of setting up the FG
Missing the FG
Providing less resistance than a wet piece of Quilted Northern on Toledo's drive in 2OT
Richardson getting sacked from behind on 4th and goal with the game on the line.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'm going to add another one...

3rd Quarter down 10...

3rd and 1

IOWA STATE TIMEOUT #1.

Under center formation

FIRST DOWN

IOWA STATE TIMEOUT #2.

Really? Going under center cost us TWO timeouts? That's how difficult it is for this team?
Then a penalty.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The whole game seemed like a comedy of errors.

And yet too many of our fans think it's asking too much from a coaching staff that's been here 7 years now to at the very least put a disciplined team on the field. How many more games would we have won over the past 3 seasons if the players exhibited even the most basic level of discipline in these games?

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
What part of the game last night did you watch and say "That's absolutely something that would happen to Iowa State?"

For instance, my "Total Iowa State Move" was Darian Cotton, who's clearly learned to stand up and shake off the dust when you fall.

After blowing his coverage (again) and then tripping and falling on his face before the ball even reached the receiver, Cotton proceeded to wave his hands in the "NO CATCH" motion, as if he had any sort of influence on the outcome of the play.

(And no, he doesn't do this every time there's an incomplete catch, as I paid close attention afterwards. He legitimately thought he made some impact on the play)

Say what you will about Chizik and his staff... but there was a noticeable difference in the mental toughness of Chizik recruits that played under Rhoads. As a fan, I'd be WAITING for us to blow it and have a "total Cyclone move" against Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma State-- But it didn't happen. I thought this mental state was something Rhoads had instilled in the players. But over time, I've come to realize this wasn't Rhoads. The Rhoads recruits appear to have reverted back to the "we are losers" mindset when they step on the field, and expecting the worst to happen-- Then inevitably the worst does happen and we lose.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sam missing Wesley in the end zone on the last drive, he had tons of room to run but saw Wesley wide open, made the right decision, the right read but just barely overthrew him. If he tucks and runs, we probably win.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The most un-ISU moment was me turning the game off after the missed FG. In the 46 years of watching ISU I haven't EVER turned off a game. I walked out of the room for a moment. Gone out on the deck to chill etc but always came back after a few minutes.

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
That killed me, I totally get playing a safe play to kick winning field goal. But why run it to make the kick a difficult angle. Run it up the middle to give the kicker a straight shot. Typical CPR football, just makes no sense. Makes me feel like, well the lost expression he has on his face most game long.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We should sue Texas for the way they ended there game. They stole that ending from us. How dare they miss an extra point after a 3 touchdown come back in the the 4th. We had that planned for later this year. Guess we will have to try to go a different Iowa State route. I would say lining up in the neutral zone made me actually lol. I was just laughing from that point on.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
This whole team plays Charlie Brown football. It is so embarassing watching these mistakes game after game and realize that it stems from bad coaching. SBR plays well then looks like Chicken Little on last play. Whoever #17 is on D has no idea what he is doing. He ran right by his man on the punt block - no clue. The "take anyone who will commit" mentality of this staff is showing up. Usually I am incensed after a loss like this but last night something changed - I just don't have it in me - have turned to indifference. My sister was watching it (she is a die hard Clone fan ) and said " Watching Iowa State play football is nerve wracking and stressful". It hit me then - it should be fun - not this hold your breath can we beat an FCS team? Hopefully we don't get blown out by a MAC team? Why don't we try and score touchdowns instead of relying on a kicker? Another poster stated if their WR's were any good we would have lost by 20 - I think more like 28. Our secondary was so keyed on run game that we were exposed almost every series. Going on ticket exchange to dump these loser tickets as cannot watch Charlie Brown football anymore.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
This might be piling on.....but I have bit my tongue about this and want to air it out: Our uniforms look freaking ridiculous. Just chalk this up with the entire coaching and program vision that has morphed into one big fart cloud of fail. Charlie Brown as another poster said is a good analogy, but the look is of other cartoon characters. Ug...I cannot even say it....I do love my school.
Anyway, get the San Francisco 49er look uniforms with the new coaching staff. Get rid of the freaking (I still can't say it) "bad" uniforms with the ketchup and mustard mistake. New Uniforms, New Logo, New ability to line up and run a rushing play for two yards when you need it against a MAC team, New attitude.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Had to be the last run before the failed kick. Who the hell doesn't just line it up for a kick. Blew my mind

Fireable offense. Microcosm of program & game day management. Wish I was kidding.

Hey, did anyone catch the little story the moron broadcasting team were talking about where CPR told them how hard it was to recruit to Ames? The fact that CPR is still spouting about that tells me he's the wrong guy. It may be true but keep it to yourself. Overcome obstacles, don't elaborate about them.

Last edited:

ken

Dec 28, 2008
How about when their best player Hunt goes out with a hammie injury, and his replacement comes in and runs 2 plays for 19 yards and a TD in 2OT? That happens to us all the time!!

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
2015 KSU game-celebrating the "win" after getting the ball with 1:36 left, not taking the knee and fumbling away the game to let KSU tie then blowing their next possession to let KSU win, blowing a 21 point lead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron