Moody moved back to Texas

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With everyone Ia. is graduating they will fall back to mediocrity. I just hope we get back to being good instead of just good enough to slide into the NCAA's.

Not so sure about that. They had some highly regarded freshman that didn't get to play much behind Logic, Doolittle and Dixon but they will be playing next year along with a really high ranked class of freshman. They aren't likely to be as good as their senior lead team this year but don't count on them sucking and they could be very good again in a couple of years (just paper ratings stuff of course).

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Not so sure about that. They had some highly regarded freshman that didn't get to play much behind Logic, Doolittle and Dixon but they will be playing next year along with a really high ranked class of freshman. They aren't likely to be as good as their senior lead team this year but don't count on them sucking and they could be very good again in a couple of years (just paper ratings stuff of course).
Agree with this. Iowa isn't going anywhere. They have upped their recruiting to another level the last 4 years.

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Agree too.... They had a good freshman point guard that played a lot even with Logic being there and Cooley is a very good agile post that played behind Doolittle. Their incoming freshman can't be that bad because we wanted all of them. They will still be in the top half of the Big Ten and will make the Big Dance again next season. As will the Cyclones.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Agree too.... They had a good freshman point guard that played a lot even with Logic being there and Cooley is a very good agile post that played behind Doolittle. Their incoming freshman can't be that bad because we wanted all of them. They will still be in the top half of the Big Ten and will make the Big Dance again next season. As will the Cyclones.

Noticed Jennings more at seasons end and hadn't realized how much she played throughout conference play until I looked it up. Coley was more who I was thinking about. She had just crazy HS stats here in the metro for rebounds and blocks.

And your note about us recruiting some of the same gals is partly why I have noticed their classes. They also report on the same recruits here since the Gophers are recruiting some of the same MN kids. It's not like a spend a lot of time and effort tracking recruiting or am a big Hawk fan or something. :)

Last edited:

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
If one of their incoming freshman (3) posts can start Coley could easily play the 4. I just think it is crazy that a small state in the middle of the country has two women's teams that are in the top 35 nationally year in and year out. Good coaches and good programs means great competition. Go Clones.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
The main reason he moved was to replace him with a much more vigorous and sorely needed recruiter in Billy F.

Wrong. Easley moved on his own account. He resigned without another job lined up. I think he is now director of ops at OSU, where he was once an assistant. But he asn't asked to leave. He wasn't shown the door. He was tired of the way Bill handled and talked to players and coaches.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I look for Jadda to step up in a leadership role. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kidd do the same. Jadda is the type of hard driven, perfectionist that needs to pick up that mantle. As has been stated, the potential of the group that will make up this team is high. Barring injuries adequate depth should be in place with a nice mix of experience and inexperience. I'm excited to get players like Carelton who have played on a national stage. The big if, and its always a big if, is how the players who are already here develop in the off-season. Which ones will be in the Sukup Center shooting 1000 shots a day? Who will really push in the weight room? I'm already excited for what is to come.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I look for Jadda to step up in a leadership role. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kidd do the same. Jadda is the type of hard driven, perfectionist that needs to pick up that mantle. As has been stated, the potential of the group that will make up this team is high. Barring injuries adequate depth should be in place with a nice mix of experience and inexperience. I'm excited to get players like Carelton who have played on a national stage. The big if, and its always a big if, is how the players who are already here develop in the off-season. Which ones will be in the Sukup Center shooting 1000 shots a day? Who will really push in the weight room? I'm already excited for what is to come.

Kidd needs to be a more consistent shooter. She needs to emulate Naz.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
This in my opinion will show many of us I think if it was truly a Moody problem, a CBF problem, or both. She is gone now and I give her credit for hanging in there especially this last year given the friction in the program. A clean start if you will and if problems continue to exist within the program its time for CBF to examine himself. I for one am a bit tired of hearing about the Iowa State way. I know that sounds bad but I just want players to have fun while playing their best and to me the last few years I haven't seen that. Looks like some good recruits coming in and I hope nothing more that they have an amazing season coming up.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
With Nikki being gone next year, I wonder who some on here will use as the scapegoat when we loose a game or two? I for one will miss the way she played the point this year. Had she been gone and things went the way they did there was no way we would have made the big dance and not even the NIT.
Yeah, Moody's our all-time assist leader. Think about that for a minute, with all of the guards that we've had come through here. Her name is all over the record books. She can create her own shot of the dribble (who else could do that this year - or last?). She's willing to drive the lane. She's athletic.
Yeah she has an edge. Some say vaguely that she was a "problem." So maybe we should recruit more players with an edge to them...

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Wrong. Easley moved on his own account. He resigned without another job lined up. I think he is now director of ops at OSU, where he was once an assistant. But he asn't asked to leave. He wasn't shown the door. He was tired of the way Bill handled and talked to players and coaches.

Jack was forced out because the recruiting had suffered with him.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thread needs more funny gifs but than again the posters in WBB Forum have no sense of humor so "Never Mind!".

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, Moody's our all-time assist leader. Think about that for a minute, with all of the guards that we've had come through here. Her name is all over the record books. She can create her own shot of the dribble (who else could do that this year - or last?). She's willing to drive the lane. She's athletic.
Yeah she has an edge. Some say vaguely that she was a "problem." So maybe we should recruit more players with an edge to them...

Personally, I think it's ironic everyone praises our cocky men's team for being that way, but a wbb player with an edge, is labeled "having an attitude.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Personally, I think it's ironic everyone praises our cocky men's team for being that way, but a wbb player with an edge, is labeled "having an attitude.

She had no game edge, just off court edge. Big diff between being a gamer and an *** hole. The last players we had with in game edge and attitude have been Poppens and Jesse.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
This in my opinion will show many of us I think if it was truly a Moody problem, a CBF problem, or both. She is gone now and I give her credit for hanging in there especially this last year given the friction in the program. A clean start if you will and if problems continue to exist within the program its time for CBF to examine himself. I for one am a bit tired of hearing about the Iowa State way. I know that sounds bad but I just want players to have fun while playing their best and to me the last few years I haven't seen that. Looks like some good recruits coming in and I hope nothing more that they have an amazing season coming up.

Jack was forced out because the recruiting had suffered with him.

That is definitely contrary to the majority opinion that he left because of He and coach having a come to Jesus after the Schroll situation.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Nikki benefitted feeding some good post and forwards early in her career, building her stats. She developed into an awesome guard in her final year. And I liked what she did, but there was an undeniable air of contention around her career despite her records. We can't hit replay, it is what it is and I wish her the best. I can not think of another player to finish so accomplished and yet with a twinge of pathos.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NWICY
With everyone Ia. is graduating they will fall back to mediocrity. I just hope we get back to being good instead of just good enough to slide into the NCAA's.

Having been an observe of the college WBB for enough years, I don't think I am overly bold to suggest that the past season for Iowa will not be matched again in Bluder's Hawkeye coaching career. Logic and Doolittle, especially the former, were once in a decade or more players for Iowa and much fell into place for them. We will beat them at Hilton this upcoming season in my opinion; and I will be bold here in that, we will beat them in IC in 16-'17. If not I will be looking for a new position as a prognosticator.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
Moody and CBF both knew they needed each other this year and just put up with it for a few months. We had absolutely no other option at PG and Nikki knew she couldn't transfer or quit at this point. Dropping out of school sure wouldn't help her draft status.

It's also interesting that she tossed her fellow seniors and upper classmates under the bus. I'm surprised the season didn't turn out more toxic if she wasn't getting along with Kidd, Brynn and/or Fallon.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was curious since I had not heard anything so looked up and found that Moody was waived last week by the San Antonio Stars.

Edit: they waived Poppens back on May 7.

Last edited:

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Was curious since I had not heard anything so looked up and found that Moody was waived last week by the San Antonio Stars.

Edit: they waived Poppens back on May 7.

I wonder how her attitude will play in Europe. Wish her and Pop luck with whatever they decide to do.