Mood Today

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
You know this is so true. I'm starting to believe there is something to ISU and bad luck with shooters. Some of those prayers they threw up last night were flat out mind boggling how they went in. I mean that one with 2 on the shot clock from an in bounds pass that hit nothing but net from what, 30 feet? When shots like that fall, there is only so much good defense can do.

Confidence helps and there is little doubt teams come in confident.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
It was a really fun game. The guys showed toughness, hit some good shots. How about Thomas' defense -- where would we be without him?

Question: Anybody have a good answer on why we didn't use the 6th foul down the stretch?

Random thought ... remember when we wondered if the "s" was silent?
Random thought 2 ... I have a friend who's a KU grad. Georges drives him crazy -- like all the time. :) "He won't play in the NBA, right?"

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
I was traveling yesterday and some folks around me (CA) saw my ISU stuff. They jumped in and talked about how they loved our team (USC fans). That was coolio thing #1.

On the plane flight home I stopped to consider that we were favored over the #1 team. We had beaten the #1 team once, that is as in uno times in the history of MBB and that was like 97 years ago. And we were favored. Coolio thing #2.

Then we gut punched the fighting Buddy Hields on primetime national TV - Coolio Trifecta!

I certainly wouldn't be in near as good of mood if we lost but this is just my dream as a Cyclone fan to get to watch a program that is part of the national scene, night in, night out. Pretty certain we have some gut punches to endure yet but god damn this is fun!

Your descriptions are coolio. Post on my friend, post on.

AllIn

Nov 28, 2013
Still coming down from last night. It was a wide awake 2 hour drive home w/ Stomping Grounds coffee in hand. My family loves basketball and last nights game did not disappoint. What struck me about this game was the flow. When I say flow, I mean the way we controlled tempo. Our guys just seemed fresh the entire game and we were able to finish. Part of that could be that we held OU to only 2 fast break points, but I think it's much more than that. It kind of started at Kansas St when we slowed and played half court offense, executing and scoring. If we do this w/ teams that don't like to play D, we are gonna come out ahead more often than not.

I had watched part of the replay of ISU vs OU win from the Big 12 tourney last year on Sunday night. What I saw in that replay that looked similar to last night was the play of Jameel. He was flying all over the court, contesting everything at the rim w/ a few blocks. I thought to myself Sunday night, "I want that Jameel back". Well I am hopeful we have "that" Jameel back. He was tremendous in the paint and on the boards. To outrebound OU like we did is an amazing stat.

I love every minute that I get to watch this team. Special group of guys, great staff. I will enjoy this ride w/ all it's ups and downs. Today is a great day!! I am confident there will be many more.

Cheers!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I was traveling yesterday and some folks around me (CA) saw my ISU stuff. They jumped in and talked about how they loved our team (USC fans). That was coolio thing #1.

On the plane flight home I stopped to consider that we were favored over the #1 team. We had beaten the #1 team once, that is as in uno times in the history of MBB and that was like 97 years ago. And we were favored. Coolio thing #2.

Then we gut punched the fighting Buddy Hields on primetime national TV - Coolio Trifecta!

I certainly wouldn't be in near as good of mood if we lost but this is just my dream as a Cyclone fan to get to watch a program that is part of the national scene, night in, night out. Pretty certain we have some gut punches to endure yet but god damn this is fun!

This is the closest image I could find of Coolio giving a thumbs up. Just for you.

2325_COOLIO.tif.big.jpg

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I can't believe this hasn't devolved into a Thumbs Up thread yet.

I can't do this alone people!

1421.gif

2Xclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I got home at 1:30 am :swoon:...and I get up at 5 for work...
I may be like this later today :SLEEP::SLEEP:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The historic nature of the win is starting to sink in. We beat a legitimate #1. Not because we played out of our minds. Not because our opponent had an off night. We won because we have great players who played up to their abilities. This one will be remembered for a long, long time.

Agree. OU has shown they are legit half way into the season, unlike some of the other wanna be teams. Incredible that we beat the top team when they make 17 threes.

Miniclone11

Oct 28, 2015
I took the day off work to celebrate. Already bought an ISU shirt off amazon...now I'm not sure what do to with the rest of the day.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Could not get calm enough to sleep until about 2:30 a.m. and then up at 6:30 to get the kids rolling, but somehow I am still kind of jittery and not really tired. Watched the replay last night when BDJ's overtime D-league game finally ended, watched a little Aussie Open tennis too. Hope I don't crash until evening but more likely I pass out eating lunch or something. Love this team through highs and lows.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I feel a renewed sense of pride and accomplishment for Cyclone Nation. We are on the right path. Also happy for Prohm......I think he is a great coach and always have. Last but not least I absolutely love the ISU students - singing "Sweet Caroline" post victory can make a grown man cry. I did.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Im going to like this post even though you used the word "coolio". Must be the way they talk in Cali?

No ****, I am spending way too much time out there, please let my boss know this.

I promise to revert to my true redneck, potty mouthed self for the remainder of the season!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Relief is my mood. I'm happy for the guys that made it happen.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• gif Trumpy.gif
    gif Trumpy.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 348
  • gif yoda happy dance.gif
    gif yoda happy dance.gif
    348.5 KB · Views: 340
  • gif giggy.gif
    gif giggy.gif
    747.2 KB · Views: 345
  • gif white girl jiggy.gif
    gif white girl jiggy.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 354

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The historic nature of the win is starting to sink in. We beat a legitimate #1. Not because we played out of our minds. Not because our opponent had an off night. We won because we have great players who played up to their abilities. This one will be remembered for a long, long time.

It will be remembered even longer if this was the tipping point of a team making it a true habit to come out, guard tough in all areas, and let disruptive defense be what they build everything else around. I felt like that was the case last night.

I'm glad they don't play until Saturday. Take a day or two to let things soak in, and then back to work for what I think will be a real challenge at TCU. If they come out with a solid win there, I'll start to really think the ship has been righted.