Monday night games

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Why does the NCAA do this? They have had the basketball championship game on Monday's for as long as i can remember - but that game last night was pushing midnight. That was the longest football game (time wise) i can remember watching.

Having them on a Saturday or even a Friday I would think create greater buzz and allow people to have gatherings.........versus laying in bed trying to stay awake while your wife yells at you to turn the TV off because she's trying to sleep.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
NFL playoffs might have something to do with that not happening. I agree though, would be better on a Saturday night.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why does the NCAA do this? They have had the basketball championship game on Monday's for as long as i can remember - but that game last night was pushing midnight. That was the longest football game (time wise) i can remember watching.

Having them on a Saturday or even a Friday I would think create greater buzz and allow people to have gatherings.........versus laying in bed trying to stay awake while your wife yells at you to turn the TV off because she's trying to sleep.

Why not watch it in another room if your wife is trying to sleep?

I agree though, a lot of people won't stay up or shouldn't stay up to see the end of it. They've got all weekend to have this game. If it has to be on Monday start it earlier. Monday Night Football has a national audience and they are generally done well before Midnight Eastern.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
No NFL on Friday night. Vastly preferable to Monday. Too bad there's no way to do it on New Years Day/Night. That's when the Champ needs to be crowned.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneWarning

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron