MLB: MLB Offseason Winter 22-23

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Twins can get creative with opt outs. That is their best chance to get him.

That is a risk though...because if he underperforms...he will have to opt in...and that means the Twins would be on the hook to pay a guy that is underperforming. Might be the only way...but I would guess a big market team will offer Correa some huge number...

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
That is a risk though...because if he underperforms...he will have to opt in...and that means the Twins would be on the hook to pay a guy that is underperforming. Might be the only way...but I would guess a big market team will offer Correa some huge number...
Not to mention that Trea got a no trade clause. Maybe, they would offer $300 over 8 years? Shorter contract, but higher yearly.

Reactions: cyfanatic

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Twins are going to offer him a huge number. They want him. Their chance might be to get creative. Can also manage that risk by front loading the contract.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Twins are going to offer him a huge number. They want him. Their chance might be to get creative. Can also manage that risk by front loading the contract.

Yeah...I get that...which is smart...BUT front loading it means less to spend on the rest of the roster in those early years. Tough decisions for those middle market teams. I am a White Sox fan...big market team that pretends they are small market! UGH!

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Heyman messes up the biggest free agent signing of the offseason

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
If Judge does go to the Giants, I can't help but think the Yankees are a little happy about it. Yeah, the short term they are going to get crucified, but no one really thinks he has 5 or 6 more high level seasons in him. That's essentially a lot of dead money.