Missouri Dual (2/25)

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Mizzou is forfeiting 125 and Elam (285) is the only regular that made the trip from what I've heard.

Big time bummer for both duals
Were you at the meet ? Can you confirm if there were other starters there ?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I know their 133 has been injured, but pretty crazy that 80% of their starting lineup is battling injury and illness

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
OK, I'm resigned to the Mizzou match being a letdown from a perspective of watching great matchups. So we won't get that. Let's celebrate David Sunday.

The matchups and seedings will sort themselves out at Big 12s. Then, if David needs to beat Hamiti, Ramirez, Mitch and KOT to win Nationals, so be it. He can do it.

Then we can spend all summer wondering why we fans care about duals when no one else seems to.
Mineo must be reading CF - now floating this same idea
Flo talked about Mitch being #1 if he won out and KOT lost one to David on their show Thursday.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

At least it sounds like Elam is going to wrestle Yonger and we might get Whiting vs Feldkamp

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Does anybody actually believe that what Missouri is doing is anything but protecting seeds? It looks like the only starters that are going for them have an opportunity to improve seeds. It’s only hurting the sport. I would like to see a change in the ranking processes where if you have an opportunity to wrestle and choose not to, it directly affects your ranking as of it were a loss. Such ********.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I thought for the NCAA qualifying tournament, use the record of the starter the team sent out at their 17 (I think) events or the record of against the teams in the qualifying events.

Only problem with that is you don't wrestle everyone. We wrestled all the top teams and not sure Northern Colorado wrestled any of them

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
I thought for the NCAA qualifying tournament, use the record of the starter the team sent out at their 17 (I think) events or the record of against the teams in the qualifying events.

Only problem with that is you don't wrestle everyone. We wrestled all the top teams and not sure Northern Colorado wrestled any of them
I think it’s going to be really hard to regulate. That would be tough when a wrestler is genuinely injured.

For a sport like wrestling that is never afraid to boast about wrestling building character and grit it sure isn’t afraid to fake sickness or injury to cheat their opponent out of an opportunity. It genuinely disgusts me and wish coaches would call each other out bluntly

• Agree
Reactions: CyDawg23

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Probably in the minority here but Mizzou has to actually have some real sickness.

I obviously can understand KOT, but the rest of those guys “ducking” makes zero sense, and KOT seems like the kind of guy who would wrestle Carr out of respect and for the sport.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I think it’s going to be really hard to regulate. That would be tough when a wrestler is genuinely injured.

For a sport like wrestling that is never afraid to boast about wrestling building character and grit it sure isn’t afraid to fake sickness or injury to cheat their opponent out of an opportunity. It genuinely disgusts me and wish coaches would call each other out bluntly
Dresser is usually not afraid to call out other teams shenanigans.

It’s kind of a badge of honor that ISU is the most ducked team in the country. Two top 10 teams completely folded and benched all their top guys when they had to face ISU.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Probably in the minority here but Mizzou has to actually have some real sickness.

I obviously can understand KOT, but the rest of those guys “ducking” makes zero sense, and KOT seems like the kind of guy who would wrestle Carr out of respect and for the sport.

Unfortunately, I don’t feel this way at all. The fact that the two-three starters that could benefit from a win will be going, and everybody else happens to be sick is too much of a coincidence.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017

Honestly, I’m OK with wrestlers who are legitimately injured or sick being treated the same way as those who could be ducking. Why should the wrestler who is prepared and is ready to go be the only party that is disadvantaged? I feel the same way about medical forfeits, for what it’s worth.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
OK, I'm resigned to the Mizzou match being a letdown from a perspective of watching great matchups. So we won't get that. Let's celebrate David Sunday.

The matchups and seedings will sort themselves out at Big 12s. Then, if David needs to beat Hamiti, Ramirez, Mitch and KOT to win Nationals, so be it. He can do it.

Then we can spend all summer wondering why we fans care about duals when no one else seems to.

Flo talked about Mitch being #1 if he won out and KOT lost one to David on their show Thursday.
In no way, shape or form should a guy who has yet to even AA get a no. 1 seed over two returning national champs

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I just am in favor of giving the seeding advantage to the guy that put it out there almost every week. I have no problem if Ramirez gets a bad draw at NCAA. I would have more problem with him getting a favorable draw and Carr getting a bad draw.

For the most part, Iowa State has put it on the line every dual. A few injuries here and there, and we faced a difficult schedule and the guys should be rewarded for it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron