***Minnesota Twins 2021 Thread***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Bar with decent food.
If you look up North Loop Minneapolis basically any of those are good options. Some may be more on the pricey side.

There are 2 food hall places that have a bunch of different options: North Loop Galley and Graze.

I really like the Freehouse.

Darby's is the ISU game watch bar. Definitely more of a classic bar with good bar food.

Reactions: Cyientist

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Looks like the Twins landed a good one in the Nelson Cruz trade. Another good outing from Joe Ryan setting a Twins rookie record with 7 consecutive Ks.
That coupled with the good chance Cruz re-signs with the Twins next year.
This is great. But I can't get over the low batting average for this regime in any trade or signing, especially involving pitching. What's Joe Ryan make them? Like 1 for 47?

(I really do like this kid though. He seems real legit. Attacks the zone early and makes your bring it as a hitter. He could be our opening day starter next year, which also tells you something about our rotation.)

Reactions: Neptune78

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
This is great. But I can't get over the low batting average for this regime in any trade or signing, especially involving pitching. What's Joe Ryan make them? Like 1 for 47?

(I really do like this kid though. He seems real legit. Attacks the zone early and makes your bring it as a hitter. He could be our opening day starter next year, which also tells you something about our rotation.)

I could come out of the bullpen. I was looking pretty dominant throwing pine cones in the park the other day.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Bar with decent food.

If you look up North Loop Minneapolis basically any of those are good options. Some may be more on the pricey side.

There are 2 food hall places that have a bunch of different options: North Loop Galley and Graze.

I really like the Freehouse.

Darby's is the ISU game watch bar. Definitely more of a classic bar with good bar food.
Freehouse is great. Smack Shack is great too but is a bit spendy. If you like burgers, the Parlour burger at Parlour might be the best burger in the world (no exaggeration). First Draught is a pour your own tap place with decent food. The Loon has been around forever and is a Minneapolis institution of sorts with really good chili.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Freehouse is great. Smack Shack is great too but is a bit spendy. If you like burgers, the Parlour burger at Parlour might be the best burger in the world (no exaggeration). First Draught is a pour your own tap place with decent food. The Loon has been around forever and is a Minneapolis institution of sorts with really good chili.
Parlour Burgers are amazing

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Under the "I'll believe it when I see it" category is Sano getting in athletic shape. I'd like to see him follow though. It's not too late, he's 28 and not end of career late 30's. He's getting paid $10M a year to be in shape and to this point it hasn't mattered. It's one thing to be a fat truck driver or a fat lawyer, probably not messing too much with your livelihood but a pro sports person paid millions? I think him staying stateside this winter is encouraging though and might make the difference. Each time the Twins seemed to have a program for him he'd do his winter in DR and comeback weighing even more, IIRC Hoping he really has had an epiphany, would be interesting to see what a leaner Sano could be. He did manage to play a career high in games this season and if he is taken at his word, does seem more committed this time. Hope Cruz stays in touch, seems maybe a encourager for him.

Seeking to lose 30 pounds, Twins' Miguel Sano hoping less is more in 2022

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Under the "I'll believe it when I see it" category is Sano getting in athletic shape. I'd like to see him follow though. It's not too late, he's 28 and not end of career late 30's. He's getting paid $10M a year to be in shape and to this point it hasn't mattered. It's one thing to be a fat truck driver or a fat lawyer, probably not messing too much with your livelihood but a pro sports person paid millions? I think him staying stateside this winter is encouraging though and might make the difference. Each time the Twins seemed to have a program for him he'd do his winter in DR and comeback weighing even more, IIRC Hoping he really has had an epiphany, would be interesting to see what a leaner Sano could be. He did manage to play a career high in games this season and if he is taken at his word, does seem more committed this time. Hope Cruz stays in touch, seems maybe a encourager for him.

Seeking to lose 30 pounds, Twins' Miguel Sano hoping less is more in 2022

Sure, Sano is one of the biggest men in baseball and could afford to lose a few lbs.
But I'm more concerned with his eyes and swinging at balls out of the zone.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sure, Sano is one of the biggest men in baseball and could afford to lose a few lbs.
But I'm more concerned with his eyes and swinging at balls out of the zone.

Possible benefit of staying stateside, they certainly look to be trying to work on that.

"He'll work on his swing, and try to make his second-half approach, focused on using the entire field and not just pulling the ball, permanent."

We'll see, still struck out a ton in the 2nd half but at least hit for a better average. This is the first off-season where I might believe he has actually bought into doing the work.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Possible benefit of staying stateside, they certainly look to be trying to work on that.

"He'll work on his swing, and try to make his second-half approach, focused on using the entire field and not just pulling the ball, permanent."

We'll see, still struck out a ton in the 2nd half but at least hit for a better average. This is the first off-season where I might believe he has actually bought into doing the work.

I really think they just need to focus on pitch selection. Lay off the breaking pitches out of the zone.
Tom Kelly was obsessed with Big Papi pulling the ball too much. He pulled the ball all he wanted in Boston. Hope the Twins don't try the same opposite field crap with Sano.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m so over Sano. They wasted enough time with that guy. If it was that important to get his ass in better shape, why didn’t he do it 5 years ago?

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I’m so over Sano. They wasted enough time with that guy. If it was that important to get his ass in better shape, why didn’t he do it 5 years ago?

Sano's weight seems to be the solution for correcting his insane SO percentage. I don't get it.
Are the Twins focused on Big Mike's weight?

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I'm afraid that today will be the last time we see Byron Buxton in a Twins uniform. Now that he has ended the season healthy, with career bests in a number of categories, his price is only going up. And up too much for the Twins.

The Twins need all the pitching they can get, and Buxton will be the trading chip to get it.
Hope I'm wrong.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm afraid that today will be the last time we see Byron Buxton in a Twins uniform. Now that he has ended the season healthy, with career bests in a number of categories, his price is only going up. And up too much for the Twins.

The Twins need all the pitching they can get, and Buxton will be the trading chip to get it.
Hope I'm wrong.

Going to be an interesting call. Spotrac (comparing to other centerfielders salaries) says his market value is $17.8M/year. Dollars would be worth it to a contender IF they could count on getting lucky and have 60 game 2021 Buxton for 150 games or so. Big if. Big season for Buxton next year, wherever he plays, to show he can play something close to everyday. Guessing that pre-free agent season will not be with the Twins and with him under control for one one year I am thinking Twin fans are going to be bummed out at the return for a probable trade.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Going to be an interesting call. Spotrac (comparing to other centerfielders salaries) says his market value is $17.8M/year. Dollars would be worth it ....... Guessing that pre-free agent season will not be with the Twins and with him under control for one one year I am thinking Twin fans are going to be bummed out at the return for a probable trade.

Falvey knows the odds/history of big market teams rolling the dice on a flashy CF with Buxton's huge upside is on his side.
The money means nothing to about six teams. It's their pitching that will be hard to pry away.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Happy to see the Twins get Buxton signed to a long term deal. No doubt he is one of the most talented CF in the game-- now he needs to go out there and consistently prove it on the field.

Reactions: stuclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron